Infraction 3s printed tires - seems this could work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Seems this could work.
Infraction 3s TPU tires.

Screenshot 2023-09-05 153319.png

Test prints:
20230905_205311.jpg

Tires has to be pressed onto the rim. Pretty easy. Find one point and insert Srewdriver. Then a few centimers further another srewdriver. Them press down inbetween and work around. Seems like it does not even need glue. Will add a few drops anyway.

20230905_205359.jpg

Tire diameter same as stock. 85mm
20230905_205252.jpg

20230905_205505.jpg

20230905_205517.jpg

Wall line count: 8 with 0,4mm nozzle.
Top Layers: 6
Bottom Layers: 6
Infill: 70% - pretty hard tire. Probably less better.
Material: TPU
Print Speed: 150mm/s
Time: Just under 4 hours on Anycubic Kobra 2
Support needed for tread pattern
Brim: 30 lines
Tire weight with rim: 105 grams vs. stock (I think) 86 grams

Screenshot 2023-09-05 212021.png

Internal pattern inside the groove of the tread:

Screenshot 2023-09-05 212106.png

Internal pattern outside the print tread. So thats 0,4mm x 8 walls = 3,2mm can be hooned down until the tire reaches the end of the tread. Could be that the infill acts as pattern now. Not too sure about that.

(Might be too wobbly. That would add at least a 2mm of added hooning. Thats about 5mm that can be hooned down and a total of 1cm in diameter. At that time the 85mm diameter is down to 75mm. It might make sense to have infill of 30% so infill becomes the new "tread pattern".) But 6mm hooning of the diameter will be possible.

Screenshot 2023-09-05 212139.png

Still busy printing the other tires. So I have not tried them.

I'll put the files on thingiverse when this works out like I want it to. Hopefully someone with some more design skills could work a proper tread on to the tire.

Last edited:
Seems this could work.
Infraction 3s TPU tires.

View attachment 320745

Test prints:
View attachment 320742

Tires has to be pressed onto the rim. Pretty easy. Find one point and insert Srewdriver. Then a few centimers further another srewdriver. Them press down inbetween and work around.

View attachment 320743

Tire diameter same as stock. 85mm
View attachment 320746

View attachment 320747

View attachment 320748

Wall line count: 8 with 0,4mm nozzle.
Top Layers: 6
Bottom Layers: 6
Infill: 70% - pretty hard tire. Probably less better.
Material: TPU
Print Speed: 150mm/s
Time: Just under 4 hours on Anycubic Kobra 2
Support needed for tread pattern
Brim: 30 lines
Tire weight with rim: 105 grams vs. stock (I think) 86 grams

View attachment 320751

Internal pattern inside the groove of the tread:

View attachment 320752

Internal pattern outside the print tread. So thats 0,4mm x 8 walls = 3,2mm can be hooned down until the tire reaches the end of the tread. Could be that the infill acts as pattern now. That would add at least a 2mm of added hooning. Thats about 5mm and 1cm less in diameter.

View attachment 320753

Still busy printing the other tires. So I have not tried them.

I'll put the files on thingiverse when this works out like I want it to. Hopefully someone with some more design skills could work a proper tread on to the tire.
Nice work! I found TPU tires to have very little traction regardless of print settings. Fun for some light drifting but that’s about it.

Nice work! I found TPU tires to have very little traction regardless of print settings. Fun for some light drifting but that’s about it.
It's kind of what I am expecting. Just find the stock tires too expensive to hoon a 3s (50+ EUR a set). Will see....

Actually a bit of a test for a hooning Street Mojave. The one on the right might be fun too hoon. Just those tires use a lot more printing material. If I like the result I'll see where it goes. Had the idea for quite some time and wanted to know if there is something worthwile pursuing.

20230624_130244.jpg

Last edited:
... Hopefully someone with some more design skills could work a proper tread on to the tire.

The tread should be a stylized version of your ScreenName going around the tread face.. 🦖

Finally got to drive the Infraction 3s today with the TPU tires. Kind of knowing with 10-20 seconds I'll know if it was worth it or not. Turned out to be real fun.
Needs a driving area of about 30x50 meter. So it's not a drift tire for just a small tiny area.

Large circles can be drifted sideways. Seems like the tires will last very long. Little wear. Tires are spinning all the time without the massive Amps if compared to same driving style with stock tires.

In facts it's so much fun that I think I'll make some to fit on buggy tires to be used on Street Mojave.

Infracion 3s TPU drift tire file on Thingiverse

After one lipo:

20230916_190713.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back