Infraction Infraction HD 6S Gearbox. Help Please to Find Shim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Fam

Today I wanted to work on changing the metal bearings in the Infraction Diff Gearbox housing. I did have to use a hammer and a chisel tool to tap the sun gear out...it had red loctite on it was a pain to break free freely.

Issue:
I do not recall this item that I have pointed to in red. I really do not think I had one on there I know this is my first spin at this so at the same time I do not see anything in my work area like this that my have gotten away from me.

In addition when I search Amain website the item does not come up nor Google. Sometimes I have to add the extra "A" in the Arrma parts numbers for it to come it but in both cases searching it does not exist.

1. Does it truly exist?

I want to put it back together but stuck here since I looked back at the manual to check my steps and cannot find that part...

1590545444287.png

1590547993553.png

Last edited:
I know may not help but I do not recall having that shim when I disassembled and replaced bearings in my friends car. And I had no issues after re assembly.

It's a shim. You decide if you put one or more there depending on how the gears mesh... I did put some shims there on my Kraton. But more important is shimming for side to side play of the diff. My v3 didn't have shims for that, so i put one to bring the ring gear closer to the pinion. V4 spare diff assembly already had one installed.
edit: i put the shim between bearing and pinion gear. The way it's pictured here makes no sense to me.

I agree, that picture shows the wrong position for that shim at the pinion gear. And I have never ever found that pinion shim on any of my stock diff. assemblies. But the part# does exist for what its worth.:cool:

Some guys do shim that pinion gear with success. IMO, probably when the pinion/ring gear gets worn it may be necessary??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back