Vendetta Infraction mega speed build (PB 76mph)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a comprehensive parts list of what is needed to convert an Infraction Mega to 3S? I already bought:

VENDETTA 4X4 3S BLX - MOTOR (BRUSHLESS 3900KV SPEKTRUM FIRMA ARA4319V3
SENTON 4X4 3S BRUSHLESS BLX100 ESC SPEED CONTROL SENTON TYPHON ARA4303V3
VENDETTA 4X4 3S BLX - ALUMINUM MOUNT MOTOR FAN GRANITE SENTON ARA4319V3
VENDETTA 4X4 3S BLX - PINION GEAR (20T & 26T) 0.8MOD 5MM SHAFT ARA4319V3
That's about it. I would have recommended 6s electronics if speed running but if it's a basher that is perfect.

That's about it. I would have recommended 6s electronics if speed running but if it's a basher that is perfect.
Thank you, it's just a basher, but I want more out of it.

@bmoscato the ali driveshaft needs a new ball bearing in the middle! In general, I think the Driveshaft has a little play. You have to try it!

16409599254498645773493520618601.jpg

Crammed a hobbywing xr8 plus, Ruddog 1800kv motor, savox servo, Futaba Rx, and a Castle BEC. Running the 26t (speed) pinion. ESC turbo is maxxed and it needs more gear. No idea what the top speed is yet. Still gotta get 1 of those little GPS things. Ran 2 packs through it and the rear tires are already deformed. They're gonna shred soon for sure. Also got a bunch of spare FPV stuff so I figure I'll rig up a cam and see if I can't make self puke.

20220104_073132.jpg

You definitely need better shocks. Get limitless front and rear shocks. double-check the height of the shocks to make sure they are not too small or big. A gt body. Check these out. Not something you should buy right now as you are not going too fast. I would get one above 110. There are many people still running an open-wheel limitless above 140! I would change those electronics to the Arrma 6s electronics. I am running 27/38 and hit 97 on a pretty small pull.
The Limitless shocks fit the Vendetta Mega?

Does anyone have a comprehensive parts list of what is needed to convert an Infraction Mega to 3S? I already bought:

VENDETTA 4X4 3S BLX - MOTOR (BRUSHLESS 3900KV SPEKTRUM FIRMA ARA4319V3
SENTON 4X4 3S BRUSHLESS BLX100 ESC SPEED CONTROL SENTON TYPHON ARA4303V3
VENDETTA 4X4 3S BLX - ALUMINUM MOUNT MOTOR FAN GRANITE SENTON ARA4319V3
VENDETTA 4X4 3S BLX - PINION GEAR (20T & 26T) 0.8MOD 5MM SHAFT ARA4319V3
Send it my infraction is all stock except esc, motor, motor mount ,and center brace the only other thing I would suggest is getting the center drive shaft bearing from arrma otherwise you'll go thru center drives shaft often or atleast I did but I'm on 4s also

Nice setup!
Hey everyone I'm looking for others who has the infraction mega and or vendetta(since there identical)and has upgraded it or wants too this is my current build.everything is stock except the powerplant(motor and esc) and the reciever is a specktrum dx5c with avc and the center brace.
I'm also running a cnhl 4s 5600mah 120(240 burst) lipo
View attachment 188793

View attachment 188794

View attachment 188795

View attachment 188796
nice setup. I’m running a vendetta and hit 145mph before winter hit. The chassis has great potential. I did 107 on stock motor 4s,
117 on 4s with my tp motor, and 145 on 6s.

I’m using a tp4050 motor,
My build thread

Last edited:
Hey everyone I'm looking for others who has the infraction mega and or vendetta(since there identical)and has upgraded it or wants too this is my current build.everything is stock except the powerplant(motor and esc) and the reciever is a specktrum dx5c with avc and the center brace.
I'm also running a cnhl 4s 5600mah 120(240 burst) lipo
View attachment 188793

View attachment 188794

View attachment 188795

View attachment 188796
What are the specs on your ESC and motor I was hoping to get around the same results when I upgraded mine. I dropped in 150 amp surplus hobby ESC and a 2000 KV surpass hobby motor I also swamped out to a 26 tooth pinion and for some reason with 4S I could only get it to 38 mph and 52 mph on 6s I'm trying to figure out why? I blew out the spur gear on 6s so I'm waiting till the vendetta spur assembly is back in stock on the arrma website. Hoping that will be the trick

They could. Arrma Vendetta shocks are 70mm while the 6s infraction is 77mm. You can put some fuel tube in them to get them to fit.
Limitless front shocks fit perfect front and rear of the vendetta ..I can use some nitro tube to shorten the shock shaft throw but they work great ….i was recently told that once I get above 125 to do just turn buckles in the rear and that’s coming from 2 of the guys running 140-150 with these rigs .I love mine I put a 6s sytem in and eliminated the slipper along with every hit racing part they make for it (moment of weakness when browsing the hr site for vendetta upgrades lol 😬 funny thing is tho my brother Jeppy jep! Has a infraction mega that he went HAM on with the build and hit 96 with a 150amp spektrum esc and stock 3900 kv motor but with the vendetta it loves to do a backflip or 2 above 75ish 80mph but luckily and amazingly always lands back on all 4 and keeps goin lol …but scary as a mofo when it does can’t lie …I’ve found it’s the down force on that body just drops the ass at high speed so much it raises the nose enough for enough air to get under and flip it …good luck with your build ..and try 17mm hex/tire change or 10mm because they have a decent selection of 10mm hex foams that fit well and not too big like the 17mm foams either way I know guys running 17mm grps and getting some good mph in the 100s PBS!

What are the specs on your ESC and motor I was hoping to get around the same results when I upgraded mine. I dropped in 150 amp surplus hobby ESC and a 2000 KV surpass hobby motor I also swamped out to a 26 tooth pinion and for some reason with 4S I could only get it to 38 mph and 52 mph on 6s I'm trying to figure out why? I blew out the spur gear on 6s so I'm waiting till the vendetta spur assembly is back in stock on the arrma website. Hoping that will be the trick
Hey bud first off with that esc and motor u should def be getting higher than 38 mph on 6s did u calibrate the esc? And the reciever+transmitter? Def something wrong there ..what 6s battery it 2 3s packs are I using ? U should be getting WAY higher numbers with that setup 🤔My esc is 150 amp 6s spektrum Firma esc and spektrum Firma 3900kv ..the motor cones stock in the vendetta it’s 3s motor but handles 6s and loves 4s but I gotta say rite out of the box with the car totally stock 100amp 3s spektrum esc and the spektrum 3900 kv with the included 27 tooth high speed pinion I got 66–68mph and with 2 3s in series got 72 mph and with that plastic pos slipper clutch assembly… I would def get the hot racing slipper eliminator and throw a spur close to the 50 tooth factory but a metal one thise plastic spurs will just keep going on u trust me and even swapping the spur and leaving the slipper your gonna be constantly having to replace/adjust the slipper pads ..so I’d start there ..I have a 54tooth steel spur with the slipper lock and no problems …now I’m looking into diff size spurs because the guys running big numbers are running much diff spur tooth count and def get mod.8 or mod 1 gears the diffs will take it because unlike the infraction mega the diff gears are metal ….I’m gonna see how far I can push this power system I think it’s plenty for now but man you should see the motors they are throwing in these and escs it’s crazy lol ..def go thru and make sure your calibration is correct and your giving 100% power to the esc when your full theotttie on the transmitter I have no personal experience with surplus hobby but I know people that run them and definitely something going on there but anyway good luck brother ..lmk how u make out

I hit 73mp with my converted mega infraction. 130amp esc and surpass 3660, 3800 kv motor, 26/50 gearing and a single CNHL 3s lipo, 6400mah, 120c. Sometimes more power isn’t the answer.

AC65D702-0F8D-4636-B354-3DF3AA42B0E0.jpeg

21034178-E645-499D-BAD2-FE14732AEB66.png

I bet you can break the 78-80MPH (in your current form) with @SrC 's "fast back mod"..
Yeah I think so, but the weird vision anomalies and occasional twitching that began plaguing me a couple-three months ago are still an issue. Getting better but slowly.

That’s why I quit trying to speed run. After 50mph I can’t track or react in time and when my muscles twitched, it would send the car in to the curb. So I changed it over to a 50mph parking lot basher with a surpass 3670, 3050kv motor and 24t pinion. Maybe next year I’ll try again.

Hey bud first off with that esc and motor u should def be getting higher than 38 mph on 6s did u calibrate the esc? And the reciever+transmitter? Def something wrong there ..what 6s battery it 2 3s packs are I using ? U should be getting WAY higher numbers with that setup 🤔My esc is 150 amp 6s spektrum Firma esc and spektrum Firma 3900kv ..the motor cones stock in the vendetta it’s 3s motor but handles 6s and loves 4s but I gotta say rite out of the box with the car totally stock 100amp 3s spektrum esc and the spektrum 3900 kv with the included 27 tooth high speed pinion I got 66–68mph and with 2 3s in series got 72 mph and with that plastic pos slipper clutch assembly… I would def get the hot racing slipper eliminator and throw a spur close to the 50 tooth factory but a metal one thise plastic spurs will just keep going on u trust me and even swapping the spur and leaving the slipper your gonna be constantly having to replace/adjust the slipper pads ..so I’d start there ..I have a 54tooth steel spur with the slipper lock and no problems …now I’m looking into diff size spurs because the guys running big numbers are running much diff spur tooth count and def get mod.8 or mod 1 gears the diffs will take it because unlike the infraction mega the diff gears are metal ….I’m gonna see how far I can push this power system I think it’s plenty for now but man you should see the motors they are throwing in these and escs it’s crazy lol ..def go thru and make sure your calibration is correct and your giving 100% power to the esc when your full theotttie on the transmitter I have no personal experience with surplus hobby but I know people that run them and definitely something going on there but anyway good luck brother ..lmk how u make out
I didn't realize that the stock 3900kv motor could handle 4S or 6S. I swapped out to the 3200kv motor and was planning on trying to run 4S on it, but if the 3900kv will handle it, I may end up going that route.

I hit 73mp with my converted mega infraction. 130amp esc and surpass 3660, 3800 kv motor, 26/50 gearing and a single CNHL 3s lipo, 6400mah, 120c. Sometimes more power isn’t the answer.

View attachment 255514

View attachment 255515
I didn't realize that the stock 3900kv motor could handle 4S or 6S. I swapped out to the 3200kv motor and was planning on trying to run 4S on it, but if the 3900kv will handle it, I may end up going that
mega clean kid lol but Yeah man they have a lot of potential and I e seen low ive seen people run low mid80s pretty much stock just hearing changes with the stock esc/motor 100amp/3900kv ..and go good rite out the box .and yeah the motor can def handle it even tho it’s def not rated for that kind of lower or recommended. It definitely takes it like a champ! I run mine on 4s most of the time and my brothers build when he had the stock motor with 150 amp spectrum ESC he ran that motor like he was trying to kill it 😂 nothing but 6s packs and 96 miles an hour back to back to back to back and pack after pack for 6 moths before he changesd it up but it was still working great lol , lol like I said the motor is definitely not rated for that kind of power but it t100% takes it ..just watch those temps Between runs brother …good luck brother ..a lotta guys have some crazy knowledge on these cars and the 3s line I’m general and they’ve taken these faster than I thought they wer capable of 140s and higher !!!! Good luck with it brother !

Last edited:
mega clean kid lol but Yeah man they have a lot of potential and I e seen low ive seen people run low mid80s pretty much stock just hearing changes with the stock esc/motor 100amp/3900kv ..and go good rite out the box .and yeah the motor can def handle it even tho it’s def not rated for that kind of lower or recommended. It definitely takes it like a champ! I run mine on 4s most of the time and my brothers build when he had the stock motor with 150 amp spectrum ESC he ran that motor like he was trying to kill it 😂 nothing but 6s packs and 96 miles an hour back to back to back to back and pack after pack for 6 moths before he changesd it up but it was still working great lol , lol like I said the motor is definitely not rated for that kind of power but it t100% takes it ..just watch those temps Between runs brother …good luck brother ..a lotta guys have some crazy knowledge on these cars and the 3s line I’m general and they’ve taken these faster than I thought they wer capable of 140s and higher !!!! Good luck with it brother !
And rite out the box I got 66moh with the 27tooth pinion 1 zeepack 3s and 73 with 2 in a series and I’m sure if I was using a better pack I coulda got over 70 on 1 so I agree more power not always the answer but sure is a lotta fun more powwaaa 🤪🤪 lol but seriously it’s crazy what u can squeeze out of a rig when it’s is geared /setup rite and ran correctly no matter what size power system or rig your running ..honestly it’s what impresses me the most ..the mad scientist that squeeze crazy high #s with stock rigs and even when they are upgraded the #s that some of these guys get are so far away from what others get with same setup it’s a BIG learning process and that’s what’s great about this forum people helping people reach similar goals !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back