Input gear in front bulkhead stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martyrc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The input gear is completely stuck in the front bulkead on my outcast 8s. I have tried to hammer it through, heat it up and wiggling with a flathead screwdriver and nothing works. It won't budge. Any suggestions here?
I could buy new input gear, but then I'll have to get new bearings as well and ofcourse I can't find any online or at my local hobbyshop and I'll have to order for amazon, it will take aages for it to arrive.

Hello,

The input gear is completely stuck in the front bulkead on my outcast 8s. I have tried to hammer it through, heat it up and wiggling with a flathead screwdriver and nothing works. It won't budge. Any suggestions here?
I could buy new input gear, but then I'll have to get new bearings as well and ofcourse I can't find any online or at my local hobbyshop and I'll have to order for amazon, it will take aages for it to arrive.
Sorry

I have not seen one "I" could not knock out. I normally need to have the bulkhead in hand. I place it in a secure position. Take a center punch or something with a flat blunt end. After steady, solid hits, it comes out. You can add some silicone or something to help.

Sorry

I have not seen one "I" could not knock out. I normally need to have the bulkhead in hand. I place it in a secure position. Take a center punch or something with a flat blunt end. After steady, solid hits, it comes out. You can add some silicone or something to help.
I managed to get it out by filing the edges down around the input gear and it finally came out after around fifty hits with a hammer :)

Back