Granite Input gear length?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomfast23

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Hi, forum im back with something I'm curious about? Does anyone knows how far the input gear supposed to go inside the slipper clutch end when you slide the motor back in? I know arrma made the input gear short for it to slide in with the plastic bolt nut for it to work and I think mine won't go all the way in cause I have that model truck? As you see in the picture you see input gear don't go all the way in so I'm at a lost here? I'm still waiting on my hotracing yokes to come in the mail.

16252725428836935323188207580297.jpg

16252726197463228205330895121836.jpg

That's not the stock input gear. On the V3 the input gear has s shorter shaft to compensate for the plastic slipper clutch locknut. The input gear you have has the longer shaft and will not fit with the locknut. Either have to grind/cut the shaft about a 1/4 inch or remove the plastic locknut and use thread lock on your slipper clutch screw.

Yeah I figured it out last night after more observation and I realized it had to be one of the 2 needed something done to them. So I removed the lock nut but not for long im going to take it down till it fits. Hotracing need to go back to the drawing board and fix that. Lol

Ya unfortunately I think all the HR stuff is still set to the v2 specs. I had the issue when I switched to new V3 slipper assembly and ended up cutting and grinding the input to fit and has been fine.

Yeah I figured it out last night after more observation and I realized it had to be one of the 2 needed something done to them. So I removed the lock nut but not for long im going to take it down till it fits. Hotracing need to go back to the drawing board and fix that. Lol
Well, Hot Racing made the input shaft for the V2 version and never updated it for the V3.
Ya unfortunately I think all the HR stuff is still set to the v2 specs. I had the issue when I switched to new V3 slipper assembly and ended up cutting and grinding the input to fit and has been fine.
I didn't cut my HR input shaft yet. I just thread locked the slipper for now. But I will be cutting about a 1/4 inch off of the shaft real soon and put the locknut back on. Not happy without the plastic locknut.

Right without the locknut the slipper won't stay as tight as you would like it to be my first run of 10mins and it came loose. So I'm grinding the locknut down.

Ok I been looking to hopefully come across the original metal differential by arrma with the right input gear and came across this is anyone familiar with it. I ask the seller got no response? Don't want to buy what won't work?

SmartSelect_20210704-010351_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20210704-010402_eBay.jpg

Let me know anyone that's familiar with this I appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back