Vorteks Metal input gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HR yokes solved the binding issue in my Typhon 3s with stock diffs. I continued to use the HR yokes with the CNC steel geared transmission modules I installed in my Typhon 3s, and I bought a set for my Infraction 3s with the CNC modules. The gear mesh on both vehicles is buttery smooth.
Yeah I’m hoping it fixes my problem too, the problem I’m having is I only have the 1 shim that came with the old diff and I think I need more to push the crown away from the input, as soon as I screw down the yoke it pushes the input tight against the crown, does anybody have a link to the shims I’d need to buy?

You positive your not over tightening the composite yolk.. it will bind if so!?
No it even gets tight when I hold it together with my fingers without the screws even in, as soon as there’s no gap between the 2 halves of the yoke it jams up,I’m going to strip it down again tonight and put the yolk together with just the input gear but not the diff and see if it’s that that’s getting jammed, if not I’ll shelf it for a week until my hr yolk is delivered

What crown gear did you get?

Screenshot_20230305-105538.png

In your earlier picture, see the gap between the bearing and the diff case? The bearing need to be pressed firm against the case, to the point there is no gap whatsoever. Otherwise it’ll cause issues.

3F889695-1C16-4779-BEEB-2FCC70792DB9.jpeg

In your earlier picture, see the gap between the bearing and the diff case? The bearing need to be pressed firm against the case, to the point there is no gap whatsoever. Otherwise it’ll cause issues.

View attachment 283204
Yeah that was on the plastic one after I’d started pulling it off, its all flush on the metal one, I think I may have sorted it now, I pushed the bearing right up against the back of the crown to get it as far away from the input as possible, I then used the old tap tap method and made a bit of a gasket out of paper to go between the yoke halves, then I screwed them in just enough to close the gap and hold the bearings still with a load of locktite and she’s running real smooth 😊

Well the hot racing yokes finally turned up, chucked the diff in with the shim on opposite side from the crown, wow is she buttery smooth now, definitely recommend chucking the plastic yokes in the bin and getting these 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back