Is there a way to extend the receiver antenna on the Big Rock v3 blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
I have a new body cover FC 100 and the antenna on my Big Papa long Rock is to short to go through the cover.just wanted to know if it's possible to extend it.i have used the FC 100 cover with the short antenna with no issues but kinda wanted it to stick out the cover because the fc100 cover has two antenna holes in it.any help I appreciate it.also if you think I should just leave it alone plz let me know đź‘Ť

You should be able to buy new receiver antennas. They come in various lengths. First you need to determine the fitting type of the receiver and get similar with the antenna. Spectrum, RadioLink and Futaba use IPEX fittings. It as simple as pull off and pop on. Just make sure it's seated properly before applying pressure.
20230528_182336.jpg
20230528_182245.jpg
Amazon has them in bulk and at different lengths.

Have you checked if there is any of the antenna inside the receiver box that could b extended outside of the box?
Yes I have and there isn't much of it in there.the antenna wire is the first one I put in the receiver box because of the short length.if I put it in last it doesn't make it in
You should be able to buy new receiver antennas. They come in various lengths. First you need to determine the fitting type of the receiver and get similar with the antenna. Spectrum, RadioLink and Futaba use IPEX fittings. It as simple as pull off and pop on. Just make sure it's seated properly before applying pressure.View attachment 302661View attachment 302662Amazon has them in bulk and at different lengths.
Oh cool..I'm going to be using one of my flysky transmitter s and receiver
I believe the antenna is longer than the stock receiver..I'm probably making a big deal over nothing because of just wanting a antenna to come out of the FC 100 cover .I'm not having any issues with how it is now inside the cover.the windows to the dome on the cover are left clear
Not painted so I'm getting food reception.like they say if it's not broken don't fix it right.🤷
You should be able to buy new receiver antennas. They come in various lengths. First you need to determine the fitting type of the receiver and get similar with the antenna. Spectrum, RadioLink and Futaba use IPEX fittings. It as simple as pull off and pop on. Just make sure it's seated properly before applying pressure.View attachment 302661View attachment 302662Amazon has them in bulk and at different lengths.
I see two coming from yours .how come? I noticed the fc100 cover also has two holes .why?

Last edited:
Have you checked if there is any of the antenna inside the receiver box that could b extended outside of the box?
I think what your saying is to take out the antenna wire out of the receiver box and see if that's enough length to make it out of the cover right? Yeah not enough.
I think I'll just leave it the way it is until I put in the flysky receiver.i believe it has a long antenna.if it don't then I'll leave the way it is since it's no big deal.for some weird reason I just like the look of the antenna sticking out of the cover.

I see two coming from yours .how come? I noticed the fc100 cover also has two holes .why

RadioLink uses two antennas. It's part of the reason it has one of the longest ranges for a "cheap" radio. Over 600 meters on ground and 1.6 kilometers in air.

If you want an antenna for looks, get a crawler one. Would look more real
Screenshot_20230528_220640_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'm using the RadioLink Transmitter/Receiver as well and have zero issues as far as I can see the car (1/4 mile each way?). A 90 degree split on the anntena's is what is recommended. I have one running along the side protected in clear tube and the other vertical, as far as the body allows.

I'm using the RadioLink Transmitter/Receiver as well and have zero issues as far as I can see the car (1/4 mile each way?). A 90 degree split on the anntena's is what is recommended. I have one running along the side protected in clear tube and the other vertical, as far as the body allows.
Almost the same. Run mine like that in my 1/8 but in my 1/10 i have it in the bottom brace. In both cases, I have them in an anttenna tube.
20230528_230156.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back