Is there a device that reverses a servo channel while using another to control it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSteve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
Hello all, I have a large scale RC with mechanical brakes operating on two receiver channels and an ESC on a third channel to control the motion of the car. I was wondering if there is a device that will reverse the individual receiver channel output (would plug in between ESC and receiver) that could be activated with another receiver channel?

The radio I am using is the Flysky Noble NB4 Pro with a 12 channel receiver, Hobbywing max4 combo in a Primal RC monster truck. Doing this straight on the radio is too many steps and my ADD doesn't have time for that and using HW OTA with my phone and bluetooth to change the ESC setting doesn't work because of how close in proximity you have to be.

I was wondering if there is a device that will reverse the individual receiver channel output (would plug in between ESC and receiver) that could be activated with another receiver channel?
Why does it have to be activated via receiver channel? What are you trying to accomplish?

Why does it have to be activated via receiver channel? What are you trying to accomplish?
Reverse without activating the mechanical brakes. The ESC is set to forward with brake.

The exact function I am looking for on the remote is pretty unique, and with the servo mixing I have going on, it is also rather complex. I haven't been able to find a function like that and on the flysky forum nobody has been able to answer.

You can buy Servo Signal Reverser devices, not sure if these would leave a signal alone if they where not powered or if they wouldn't pass a signal altogether. I could activate those on a switch controlled by a receiver channel.

Reverser.jpg

I think Raz did that with a 1/5 Losi rig. But maybe he deleted ESC Reversing altogther? I don't remember. He had a build video in regards.

Are the mechanical brakes good enough to handle all braking? If yes, you could program the Max4 to only do forward/reverse with no braking, and then run the brakes off a different channel.

It would be easy but also a little risky in case your muscle memory slams it in reverse at high speed.

Are the mechanical brakes good enough to handle all braking? If yes, you could program the Max4 to only do forward/reverse with no braking, and then run the brakes off a different channel.

It would be easy but also a little risky in case your muscle memory slams it in reverse at high speed.
I can't use forward with reverse because if the brakes lockup and the ESC tries to put it in reverse, there could be a magic flame/smoke show. I have already seen this first hand with my first Max4 after a grub screw backed out of the motor pinion adapter from JCR and started to become a CNC machine. Think Pickle-O-Pete style jet flame about a foot tall with background noise of an old man crying. Not a fun experience, luckily Hobby Wing warranted it after I told them exactly what happened with pictures.

Plus one to Hobby Wing for the support! That is why I run them in almost all my rigs.

It’s looking like a raspberry pi or Arduino to invert the signal on a channel. #Dure16, that idea would work I would just need to wire a relay in it to flip the polarity. Not too hard to do, I just don’t think it would hold up to abuse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back