Kraton is this a hard ine to replace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick

Reaction score
that red pin in the back where the lower a arm pin goes into

9DE55210-5637-47E1-B754-06F670A7E5E0.jpeg

6F60E59B-BD7A-4D81-B84F-E5D667065B28.jpeg

E27BE1BB-AD52-495F-BAE9-FA87FCEDF912.jpeg

i really need that part number,just went through the manual nothing

just finished shimming thaT pin wih three washers,its all nice and tight .we shell see tomorrow

E9C9166B-8766-4626-83D3-D3B6C058C6A0.jpeg

CDA9D315-062B-4999-ABC2-4972DA835AF6.jpeg

I'd suggest looking into some aftermarket a,b,c and d blocks. The more you bend hinge pins the holes on the stock blocks will get blown out resulting in slop. Also, if you stick with those metal arms I'd look into aftermarket Ti hinge pins. They might hold up a bit better. Then again it all depends on how you drive and the luck of the draw with crashing. Some have no issues ever....others have massive damage over relatively small mishaps.
Good luck!

a,b,c and d blocks?
The pieces where the hinge pins are held.
M2C makes good ones.
Ultimately, it doesn't matter too much. If you land wrong, like on one corner.. especially one with a metal arm, the energy in a bad landing has to go somewhere and it's whatever the weakest link is. In your case, because you don't have any flex in the arms due to them being metal..the hinge pins and corresponding blocks that hold them get the brunt of that energy.
If you want to roll hard I'd suggest going to all plastic arms. Metal arms are just a bling factor and not really made for any serious bashing due to said reasons stated previously.

lol believe it or not my GPM ABCD blocks have been holding up great too.

i just ordered a new machine,now i have spare parts

View attachment 307184
Man you are crazy lol. You could have took all that money and bought actual upgrades and not spare parts of poop. :eek: Welp it's your money!! If I were you I'd post questions and listen to advice instead of just throwing money everywhere but maybe you're rich and don't care. In that case, please adopt me! I can be a good kid and do my chores!! :ROFLMAO:

are those metal arms? no wonder you're bending pins 😱
+1
100% why.
I guess he kept breaking the 8s stocker plastic Arms like most do.
Except @Moire of course.:LOL:
Alloy Arms on any Basher is a No No.
Just because upgrade brands Push them, doesn't make them any great upgrades at all.
It is just all BLING. For show.
But its your wallet there. Not mine.
Better for the arms to break than other more serious parts. Driving skill will help to spare those plastic arms also.
You can't send an 8s 30+ pound heavy rig and expect to not break these arms. This is unfortunately normal for this platform. The ocassional or frequent hard hits will also break or bend any arms. Alloy's or plastic.

Last edited:
+1
100% why.
I guess he kept breaking the 8s stocker plastic Arms like most do.
Except @Moire of course.:LOL:
I mean the fact he bought metal arms in the first place would lead one to believe he has no idea how to even handle a 1/5th scale and probably should have got a 4s kraton. Btw, I just did a search and there is almost nobody complaining about breaking arms on the first page I went through.

I'm not sure how one can be a horrible driver and then complain when they land on the arm of a 30lb rig and it happens to break.

No arms broken

Landed on concrete, damn near nose dived concrete and the front end of the truck damn near came off and still no broken arms.

Bad landing and look, no broken arms.

Kraton has landed upside down and is on fire but look, still no broken arms.

Wow this was an awesome bash! landed upside down again and really badly. Bent a driveshaft but look! NO BROKEN ARMS.

Oh and all these videos I'm using either heavy ass trenchers or mx43's Which you would think would help prove your ridiculous point for you but NOPE! some of the heaviest tires and still NO BROKEN ARMS.

WAIT! there's more!

No broken arms

Whole video I was jumping into 20 mph winds and crash landed more than I ever have in a bash before and NO BROKEN ARMS or broken anything!!

Nose dived concrete, Only thing I broke was a battery tray. NO BROKEN ARMS.

Nose dived concrete again, even bent the chassis on this one!! NO BROKEN ARMS.

I'll end it with my favorite one to prove how dumb this nonsense is.

Mid backflip, blow 2 tires and CRASH LAND ON CONCRETE. Not only no broken arms but no broken ANYTHING.

Now let's just pretend none of this evidence of arrma 8s rigs not being fragile as glass exist and continue to push the BS narrative.

Please carry on.

@Moirae, I never would challenge you when it comes to this stuff.
I agree completely with someone who got this 8s down well.
I never owned an 8s before. Yet there are enough vids that counter yours above. And Threads.. All I can say is that the 8s line is an Expert level model.
If a persons driving skills suck and new to this hobby, then it was clearly the wrong model pick. Those that are the guys replacing every single part as they break with that new Upgrade one. Not necessary.(n) And generally works against you. Like with Alloy Arms.:rolleyes:
If you can't find its limits of durability while driving, then you will keep breaking parts. No matter the RC. That comes with numerous hours of wheel time and experience.
Carry On.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back