Some ideas maybe on why this DS is hard to turn…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
With the transmission out, the front driveshaft spins easily, the rear spins easily until you come back to the same spot every time then it gets real hard to turn by hand. Not sure what’s going on bc this roller hasn’t been driven yet, hasn’t even had a motor dropped in yet. Is this normal? Maybe need to be broken in? Any ideas would be appreciated!

With the transmission out, the front driveshaft spins easily, the rear spins easily until you come back to the same spot every time then it gets real hard to turn by hand. Not sure what’s going on bc this roller hasn’t been driven yet, hasn’t even had a motor dropped in yet. Is this normal? Maybe need to be broken in? Any ideas would be appreciated!

I'm no expert and the vets can chime in on this one. 3S rigs I have experienced when servicing, there is a spot it catches when it turns and hit the same spot. If I am 100% sure that all bearings are good, shims correct, mesh to spur, diffs, pinions are good, no drive binding, etc. I leave it. After a run or two, I noticed it wears in and rolls fine freehand.

I can say the same for the 6S rigs, not more so a catchy spot with those. With metal gears, they are loud, and after a service and running, the rotation feels more free compared to before.

Let's see what others say that have better knowledge and experience.

Kind of need more information so we know what kind of rig were working with. First thing to check in all most all Arrma products is the gear mesh in the front and rear they even send extra shims in the box most of the time. But you are saying I think that you have the diffs out so its just the drive shaft bearing and input gear and still having this?

Yeah I’m really hoping it just needs to be broken in.

8s rig
Kraton, diffs are still in. Brand new never run

look for problems and you'll find em!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back