Issue with the arrma alloy diff cup... seems too long.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@CofNailz, Why do think that? What do you see as the problem with using the Alu. cup at the Cntr. diff. ?

The screws on the side of the spur gear or forward side? Screws rubbing the forward mount? I haven't installed the @Havoc V4 forward vertical mount yet. But all clears. I am using one Tekno outboard shim at the forward bearing on the stock forward mount right now. I am also using the HR top plate as well. I have a V4 mount. I shimmed but not for any rubbing reasons. This is unique to the M2c mount?
edit:
Arrma should have countersunk the holes of the forward side of the cup. Using flat heads instead. I'm looking at mine and screw heads clear but barely with the stock plastic mount. I'm assuming you are not talking about the motor mount.(rear)

Last edited:
The screws on the side of the spur gear or forward side? Screws rubbing the forward mount? I haven't installed the @Havoc V4 forward vertical mount yet. But all clears. I am using one Tekno outboard shim at the forward bearing on the stock forward mount right now. I am also using the HR top plate as well. I have a V4 mount. I shimmed but not for any rubbing reasons. This is unique to the M2c mount?
edit:
Arrma should have countersunk the holes of the forward side of the cup. Using flat heads instead. I'm looking at mine and screw heads clear but barely with the stock plastic mount. I'm assuming you are not talking about the motor mount.(rear)

Right, sorry, the screws holding the back of the cup on, not the spur side, were rubbing so bad the center diff wouldn't spin at all. It could probably be fixed by shaving the front diff mount down a bit but it was easier just buying a HR cup. To be clear, this was with the M2C setup, so I have no idea how it fits with the stock Arrma mounts.

So what's the consensus on the Arrma diff cup compared to the HR diff cup? I'm thinking I may need to replace current HRs on a couple of rigs due to excessive rock wear. Curious if anyone has any strong opinions based on experience with both.

Right, sorry, the screws holding the back of the cup on, not the spur side, were rubbing so bad the center diff wouldn't spin at all. It could probably be fixed by shaving the front diff mount down a bit but it was easier just buying a HR cup. To be clear, this was with the M2C setup, so I have no idea how it fits with the stock Arrma mounts.
My issue was it was too long, but I was using the HR slider mount, HR front support and HR top cap. Since the stock diff worked fine in that mount... it being too long with both gaskets installed was an issue for all 3 locations on my v2 outcast.

I'll see how mine does next weekend. I was able to install the M2C chassis, had an issue with aligning the motor mount and I should have used new screws because just as the last one tightened, it stripped the head. So I had to dremel it to get it out... the first ding on the new chassis... :(
2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-Bottom.jpg

With all the screws tight, it feels too tight on the center. There is zero wiggle room, just like the diff in the rear. I modified an old hpi dogbone I had to grind it down so I could spin the diff with my dremel. I ran it at 10k rpm's for a few minutes and monitored temp. It went up a degree or two... so will see if it cooks the bearings. I dropped from 500k to 300k in the center as well. Now that I'm on 6S, 500k was a bit much.

If the rear diff goes... I'll either try rebuilding it by cutting the gasket in half so it's thinner so I can add shims to set the mesh better or just go back to plastic and consider the arrma cups a total loss.

You don't necessarily need to dremel anything if a screw gets worn, what I do is hammering a TORX bit into the screw. works like a charm but be careful with weak parts.

You don't necessarily need to dremel anything if a screw gets worn, what I do is hammering a TORX bit into the screw. works like a charm but be careful with weak parts.
Can also drill the head off them remove the stump with the entire part removed. Or use an ezout.

Dremel was less work than that and I don't own any torx or ezouts.

Can also drill the head off them remove the stump with the entire part removed. Or use an ezout.

Dremel was less work than that and I don't own any torx or ezouts.
My ezout has seen more use than I ever thought it would. Sometimes those bottom screws get really nasty, I had one that had a tiny pebble jammed into the head once, I had to get a bit creative on that one though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back