Tower brace too long - what to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I’ve had a few tower-to-tower braces seem too long. I can muscle it in but that forces the chassis to bend a little. Maybe that’s deliberate? Seems weird.

This has been the case on several brand new cars. And the pic below is a brand new M2C chassis. Everything is straight.

Does anyone else have this problem?

1685586325409.jpeg

1685586353674.jpeg

If you're using M2C chassis don't use a tower to tower brace, not needed and causes more problems than it fixes..!!!(y)
Just checking, it is the full on chassis, not the speed version??

Only have this problem with my Outcast my Kraton and Fireteam are just fine. I just think it's do to variances in the manufacturing process.

Looks like you can pull the towers apart just enough to squeeze it in there. Elbow grease..💪🏼 It will flex I've done it.

Every Arrma 6s I’ve owned has had this issue. I just muscle it in. Even my Notorious with the M2C chassis has this issue.

Alright I muscled it in, but that caused a noticeable arch in the chassis. No bueno.

So I took off a plastic end, shaved it down on the screw side, and voila - problem fixed!

I’ve had a few tower-to-tower braces seem too long. I can muscle it in but that forces the chassis to bend a little. Maybe that’s deliberate? Seems weird.

This has been the case on several brand new cars. And the pic below is a brand new M2C chassis. Everything is straight.

Does anyone else have this problem?

View attachment 303257

View attachment 303258
Remove it. If you have the main 2 chassis braces in metal the top one is going to bend ur chassis(unless its a mojave). If you have a m2c chassis it makes the top brace even more detrimental. My understanding is the T2t brace has less negative effects the longer the chassis is. I still wouldn't run it on any 6s bashers.unlwsss i want a crooked chassis on the rear gearbox fast

Apparently Arrma has so much money that their designers and engineers just throw random components onto assemblies without testing! 😂

M2C is basically a CNC operator selling overpriced alloy as “upgrades”, so let’s trust their opinion!

Apparently Arrma has so much money that their designers and engineers just throw random components onto assemblies without testing! 😂

M2C is basically a CNC operator selling overpriced alloy as “upgrades”, so let’s trust their opinion!
Say what you will about M2C, but I’ve bent Arrma EXB chassis and shock towers etc, but I have yet to bend any M2C part I’ve used. Those things are really tough.

Say what you will about M2C, but I’ve bent Arrma EXB chassis and shock towers etc, but I have yet to bend any M2C part I’ve used. Those things are really tough.
It takes a lot to bend the M2C stuff the Arrma EXB stuff bends if you look at it wrong. On my EXB the chassis, shock towers and the Ackerman were all bent within a few bash sessions. Still debatable whether or not they are actually 7075 aluminum if it is it definitely is not hardened.

It just takes a poopy transmitter operator to bend a v5 Mojave chassis, let alone EXB or overweight m2C. If you’re sending skateparks that’s fine but the chassis is $20 plus an hour max to replace.

Drove this away with only an ESC remount needed.

Last edited:
It has been proven many times that the tower to tower brace on Arrma's cause more damage than save..!!
Running tower to tower on stock chassis will bend the rear section of chassis downwards in severe landings, I've done it, many youtubers have done it.
If you run M2C chassis you DON'T need the brace, my original M2C Kraton chassis is on its third build and it's still perfectly straight and I've never run the tower brace... just saying :cool:

Oh and on a side note I personally don't believe any of Arrma's 7075 is actually 7075, more like chinesium :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Believe what you want, m2c recently did “minor” testing comparing towers with Basherqueen. If they want an engineer’s money I’m going to need to see chassis distortion/deflection force data or another destruction test to side by side with spend coin on a chassis. That goes for the statement on tower to tower deletion, if Raz runs an M2C chassis 80mph into a concrete barrier and it survives I’ll be the first to buy one 😂

It has been proven many times that the tower to tower brace on Arrma's cause more damage than save..!!
Running tower to tower on stock chassis will bend the rear section of chassis downwards in severe landings, I've done it, many youtubers have done it.
If you run M2C chassis you DON'T need the brace, my original M2C Kraton chassis is on its third build and it's still perfectly straight and I've never run the tower brace... just saying :cool:

Oh and on a side note I personally don't believe any of Arrma's 7075 is actually 7075, more like chinesium :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If Arrma would have designed the rear of the truck correctly the T2T brace would actually work properly.

Both the T2T brace and the rear chassis brace should not connect to the rear via 1 screw. All this does is create a pivot point making it easier to bend the chassis. If the rear chassis brace and T2T brace attached at 2 load points at each end even the stock chassis would hold up a million times better than it currently does.

If Arrma would have designed the rear of the truck correctly the T2T brace would actually work properly.

Both the T2T brace and the rear chassis brace should not connect to the rear via 1 screw. All this does is create a pivot point making it easier to bend the chassis. If the rear chassis brace and T2T brace attached at 2 load points at each end even the stock chassis would hold up a million times better than it currently does.
I totally agree (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back