Grom It's HERE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
This thing is so cool! Love the body mounting system on it. Charging battery now.
20240325_121724.jpg

Ok. I've had a little while to look it over, and I'm really impressed with the design. However, I think mine was built on a Friday. At 4:45. By a crackhead.
The decals look to have been applied by an individual with a vision.....problem. Wrinkles, bubbles, none of them lined up properly, etc. Absolutely zero effort.
All 4 shocks are roughly 3/4 full. It's so bad, I don't even have to take one apart to know exactly where the fill level is.
I don't remember my Granite Grom's steering servo being this slow. It's so slow you actually have to start steering way before you need to turn. I sincerely hope this one is just a lemon, and they're not all built like this.

The servo actually got faster after a few seconds of running, but I have this laying around, so I'm just going to upgrade.
20240325_145604.jpg

Ok, servo upgrade done, but while it was out, I noticed the fan wasn't even tightened down. It was loose just flopping around in there. 🤦‍♂️
I'm going to put it on the shelf, and later this week, I'm going to tear it completely down and assemble it properly. Who knows what else isn't tightened down in the drivetrain? Pathetic workmanship by whoever assembled this rig. I know it was only $139, but I would expect it to at least be assembled properly. Hell, how hard is it to not leave a fan so loose it literally rattles around? Horizon needs to get it together.

Back