Typhon Some confusion here.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So what is the stock pinion in the Typhon 3S, some on here are saying 15t, others are saying 20t.......???

As you'll see below, this exploded diagram says 20t, I was going to order an 18t as an upgrade but now I'm completely confused 😂 I don't have the time or means atm to take it all apart to check, so any thoughts on this guys?

Part number ARA311003 is a 20t......?

Thanks
Screenshot_20230802-193030.png

Screenshot_20230802-193040.png

Just pull the Power Module out already, and take a look at what you got for yourself!!
Will take all of 4 minutes to pull out and reinstall. ;)
Why be lazy about that? .........Start wrenching.
I hate when guys want others to do the hobby for them.:unsure:
Not hating. Just a reality check.:cool:

Last edited:
Just pull the Power Module out already, and take a look at what you got for yourself!!
Will take all of 4 minutes to pull out and reinstall. ;)
Why be lazy about that? Start wrenching.
I hate when guys want others to do the hobby for them.:unsure:
Not hating. Just a reality check.:cool:
hey his name does say he's a noob.

@SrC Thank you for your help 🙄

Its not about being lazy or wanting others to do the hobby for me, it's the simple fact that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to wrenching, hence why I'm asking?

I'll end up pulling it apart and not be able to get it back together, I know what I'm like 😂
hey his name does say he's a noob.
My point exactly 👍🏻

Thnaks buddy, So what's the exploded diagram all about then, I thought Logic RC was the place to go for info, maybe not 😂
Sometimes those diagrams are not 100% accurate or they include the optional parts. I know how you feel. I would still reference them for parts, but I would still do your due diligence.

Sometimes those diagrams are not 100% accurate or they include the optional parts. I know how you feel. I would still reference them for parts, but I would still do your due diligence.
Thank you, it does seem a bit contradictory 😂

This is a 15, I've counted the teeth 😂

Screenshot_20230802-195439~2.png

Arrma's website lists 15T under stock parts and 20T is under optional parts.
That's what I thought it was 👍🏻😎

@SrC Thank you for your help 🙄

Its not about being lazy or wanting others to do the hobby for me, it's the simple fact that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to wrenching, hence why I'm asking?

I'll end up pulling it apart and not be able to get it back together, I know what I'm like 😂

My point exactly 👍🏻
I know you are being honest. (y) (y) (y)
But some us just need a kick in the but, to pick up a hex driver and start wrenching. The only way to learn.
You want to change out the Pinion anyway. Right??
Read the manual and start, is all I am saying. The Power Module "removal" is key to owning any 4x4. model. Learn by doing. Everyone here can tell you which pinion comes. Seems that was the main confusion for you. Look for yourself is what I am saying. Can't always depend on others. I could also easily look up the pinion size as well.
Like I said above, "Not hating. Just a reality check".
Start thinking positive, or this hobby will eat you alive. That's not fun. Being afraid to wrench will not help you at all.
It is all Muscle memory. By doing it over and over. Need to start somewhere, is all I am saying. Just part of this hobby . Being new and all. I get it.
;)

But some us just need a kick in the but, to pick up a hex driver and start wrenching. The only way to learn.
Read the manual and start, is all I am saying. The Power Module "removal" is key to owning any 4x4. model. Learn by doing. Everyone here can tell you which pinion comes. Seems that was the main confusion for you. Look for yourself is what I am saying. Can't always depend on others. I could also easily look up the pinion size as well.
Start thinking positive, or this hobby will eat you alive. That's not fun. Being afraid to wrench will not help you at all.
It is all Muscle memory. By doing it over and over. Need to start somewhere, is all I am saying. Just part of this hobby . Being new and all. I get it.
;)
Man...totally get what you are saying, but who pissed in your Wheaties this morning? You sound grumpy. 😂 Tone was def a little harsh towards someone who just joined. Could have worded it a little better Mr. Po-Po. You've got a lot of knowledge and experience in this hobby (which I respect) and that's what this forum is all about, helpin' others. Not hatin', just sayin'. (y)😁✌️

Ok, everyone had their say.
I suck today. :LOL:
Yeah sometimes I crack the whip.
I responded to @Absolute RC noob 's reply respectfully enough, if he has a problem with me, so be it.
I do think he learned something positive from me however.
Not the first time I told someone to open up their rig to see what pinion they actually have in theirs. To see for them themselves.:rolleyes:
How I do it.
How does telling him what pinion he has, truly help him learn?

Last edited:
the power module sucks to take out if it has even a speck of dirt on it. so i could see me really not wanting to take it out.
Get used to removing That Power Module. The only way. There's no way you can get around any 4x4 model if you don't get this fundamental fact.
Learn by doing!

Man...totally get what you are saying, but who pissed in your Wheaties this morning? You sound grumpy. 😂 Tone was def a little harsh towards someone who just joined. Could have worded it a little better Mr. Po-Po. You've got a lot of knowledge and experience in this hobby (which I respect) and that's what this forum is all about, helpin' others. Not hatin', just sayin'. (y)😁✌️
Sorry if I don't hold hands and sing Cum bya. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And I never pretend to be the "be all, end all" final say.
Take my advice with a grain of salt.:unsure:
Take it or leave it, is good with me. A thread that only needed my one early response... and 17 posts later we are still here talking about ME?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
So what is the stock pinion in the Typhon 3S, some on here are saying 15t, others are saying 20t.......???

As you'll see below, this exploded diagram says 20t, I was going to order an 18t as an upgrade but now I'm completely confused 😂 I don't have the time or means atm to take it all apart to check, so any thoughts on this guys?

Part number ARA311003 is a 20t......?

ThanksView attachment 314931
View attachment 314932
I would just take it apart and see.your going to do it anyways at some point and if you never have it's a good learning curve.😁👍

i never said i don't know how. i was just saying that i can see why you woundn't want to. i've done it many times.
Let's help this OP by helping him do it.
Not by justifying why he cannot or would not or whatever. The manual clearly states it must be removed for most any drivetrain related maintenance. Focus on the solution and not on the problem and why. If removing the power module is an issue, just move onto a 6s rig.
I agree that the Power Module is a rather old and crappy Arrma 4x4 design. Absolutely. I could have mentioned this at the beginning.
But that would not have helped @Absolute RC noob at all.

I suggest when you take out the power module use some olive oil on the tracks after you clean them out really good.the olive oil will help assist easy removal next time and it has beneficial minerals that will keep your plastic from dry rot.you can use it on all your plastic to revitalize them.keeps them looking new .😁👍Just dab some on a cloth and wipe on ,let it sit for a bit then wipe off any heavy residual left over .let the plastic parts absorb it first.you can't go wrong with natural choices.many choose to use silicon or other oils but problem is they don't hold up well in the long run.
;)
I toatly agree..i don't feel that your response was hatred.like you said,we all need a kick in the ass at times..when I was a noob same thing happened to me .my friend threw a wrench set and said " dude learn your self by doing" best advice I ever got😁👍.also there are so many videos on how to work on these arrmas that can assist in pretty much everything ..and this forum is here to help with what ever you cant find out there

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back