Kraton Ive heard the v4 radio was crap, but c'mon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to risk it, period. These cars get busted enough due to user error. There's no use helping that cause with a $15 radio.
The Spektrum that came with my V4 Talion never made it out of the hobby shop where I bought it. In all fairness I would have given them the Tactic if it had come with that. I have a radio. I don't need the RTR ones, lol.

The Spektrum that came with my V4 Talion never made it out of the hobby shop where I bought it. In all fairness I would have given them the Tactic if it had come with that. I have a radio. I don't need the RTR ones, lol.
What tx/rx do you use? I'm looking for a legit Transmitter that can link to all of cars, Trucks, Truggys. Any advice or suggestions?

I just bought a RADIOLINK RC4Gs for mine. I cant go too expensive, i gotta get this car back up and running. The radiolink has good reviews and goood distance

Last edited:
I just bought a RADIOLINK RC4Gs for mine. I cant go too expensive, i gotta get this car back up and running. The radiolink has good reviews and goood distance

Let us know how it is when you've used it a bit :) Seems like a decent feature-wise radio for the price and receivers are only $16. :)

I do have a DX5r for my racing rigs. If I didn't have folks around me that wanted to run whenever they see me with a car, I would probably use it with my bashers too.

I just got a Fly Sky GT5 that I am pretty impressed with, cheap too. The OP can have my Tactic and rec if he wants/needs it...
Appreciate the offer. You guys have been a great help and very friendly. But no spektrums or tactics for me. I cant risk another episode...good thing i have stuff from other hobbies im not intrested in anymore that i can sell for this one

Tore it apart today....pics :mad:

Attachments

• 20190518_134016.jpg
    20190518_134016.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190518_134748.jpg
    20190518_134748.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20190518_144042.jpg
    20190518_144042.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20190518_144052.jpg
    20190518_144052.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20190518_144117.jpg
    20190518_144117.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 49
After i tore it down i figured i would see if the failsafe was set...remote on, car on, servo still works, give a little gas, rear wheels spin, hit the brake, turn off remote. No rear wheel spin...guess it was set. So what happened?

After i tore it down i figured i would see if the failsafe was set...remote on, car on, servo still works, give a little gas, rear wheels spin, hit the brake, turn off remote. No rear wheel spin...guess it was set. So what happened?
Looks like it was set, which is good for you as it shows you are not at fault. Whether horizon replaces your truck is another question. As to why, who knows. Could be a bad RX or some interface, either way it's bad to have Spektrum in your truck, no confidence this wouldn't happen again.

Last edited:
Well i got, hopefully, all the parts on order and they should be here friday so i can rebuild this weekend.
New chassis, new front diff and housing, new radiolink rc4gs and reciever, new front shock tower, new belcrank top and the misc pile of pins, roll tower, wing mount, battery tray ect. Should be interesting. Unfortunately everything is replaced by stock parts and not upgrades. But i figure i can always get them down the road if my truck doesn't snap in half again. The m2c chassis and braces cost more than these parts alone.

Well i got, hopefully, all the parts on order and they should be here friday so i can rebuild this weekend.
New chassis, new front diff and housing, new radiolink rc4gs and reciever, new front shock tower, new belcrank top and the misc pile of pins, roll tower, wing mount, battery tray ect. Should be interesting. Unfortunately everything is replaced by stock parts and not upgrades. But i figure i can always get them down the road if my truck doesn't snap in half again. The m2c chassis and braces cost more than these parts alone.
Did Horizon provide the parts through warranty?

Did Horizon provide the parts through warranty?
No they said it must be my fault but i can send it into them for inspection to see if its covered. Not worth my time. I would rather spend $200 and have it ready this weekend instead of hoping they cover it and i would get it back in a timely matter.

No they said it must be my fault but i can send it into them for inspection to see if its covered. Not worth my time. I would rather spend $200 and have it ready this weekend instead of hoping they cover it and i would get it back in a timely matter.
Did you swap out the radio??

I understand you wanting your truck back but if a radio failure caused that amount of damage, I'd be relentless with HH. I'm not hurting for money but it's the principle of the matter. No way I would eat $200 worth of parts for something that wasn't my fault. No way.

Mine is working fine on my Notorious , thanks for the heads up on the failsafe. My is already on . Thanks for the info.
Id still recomend throwing away the stock radio immediately. It can tweek out at anytime
Did you swap out the radio??

I understand you wanting your truck back but if a radio failure caused that amount of damage, I'd be relentless with HH. I'm not hurting for money but it's the principle of the matter. No way I would eat $200 worth of parts for something that wasn't my fault. No way.
I did swap the radio with a radiolind rc4gs. Im not flush with cash or anything, this is definitely a set back i didnt see comming. With the money i spent i could have bought the tekno mt410 and electronics i wanted and never had this happen. O well lesson learned. No more arrmas for me. The fact that they instantly blamed me, shows me how their warranty would go down. Coupled with the fact they know the radio is crap and still sell it is a huge turn off for me. Funny how they don't have a checklist in the manual or anything like a, "before you run, we don't set safety's. so if you don't want your car to do wacky things and destroy itself, please complete this process that we should have done at the factory." If they at least had this, they could claim its not their fault. Being completely aware and not telling their customers should be instantly their fault and a poopy business practice. They have shown me their true colors

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back