Typhon I've just bought a typhon 4x4 550 mega s3 and I'm curious as to what the best upgrade would be to go brushless and to make the car quicker.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a typhon 4x4 550 mega v3 and I'm curious as to what the best upgrade would be to go brushless and to make the car quicker.

I mean you can go
On horizon hobby site and I k ok the model of rig and in the bottom it will have upgrades part log you have to be in a computer

If you just bought it, the best advice I can give you is to return it and buy a brushless BLX model. You not only get the most cost effective solution and everything that you need, but also a two-year warranty as well.

This.
well you'll need a brushless ESC and a brushless motor to start

And a new battery and charger.

You’ll need a new motor module, brushless motor and esc, center bearing support for the driveshaft, mod 0.8 slipper assembly. There are probably more that I missed. The total cost you would be spending on your RC and upgrades would be about $400, return it if possible and get the BLX.

I get that, but what brushless ESC and brushless motor would be best?
To make a recommendation on a brushless system it would help to know your budget and how you want to run your Typhon. The easiest and least costly method is to buy the stock brushless motor and ESC from the 3s from Jenny's RC (if they are in stock). Jenny's is what is known as an RC breaker: they buy brand new vehicles, strip them for parts, and sell the parts separately. The parts haven't been used, but they might have small marks on them from being removed. Here's a link to the Typhon 3s parts page on Jenny's:

https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-typhon-4x4-3s-blx-ar102696

To make a recommendation on a brushless system it would help to know your budget and how you want to run your Typhon. The easiest and least costly method is to buy the stock brushless motor and ESC from the 3s from Jenny's RC (if they are in stock). Jenny's is what is known as an RC breaker: they buy brand new vehicles, strip them for parts, and sell the parts separately. The parts haven't been used, but they might have small marks on them from being removed. Here's a link to the Typhon 3s parts page on Jenny's:

https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-typhon-4x4-3s-blx-ar102696
Thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back