Granite Granite 4x4 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
I recently bought a Granite 3s BLX (ARA4302V3T2) and have already had to replace a broken front suspension arm and now have to fix a shock that literally just fell apart.

For battery I'm using a Spektrum 3S G2 5000mAh LiPO.

Hi and welcome! Sorry you are experiencing those issues. Did you end up hitting something or crashing? Are you looking for assistance with getting things fixed up?

RPM arms should solve your issue with the arms. How did the shock fall apart, they are screwed together.

I didn't crash into anything actually. I ran for about 20 minutes and the car did flip at low speed. When I got the car and picked it up the spring was missing.

g379Tft.jpg

Id8ubr5.jpg

What keeps that knurled piston shaft attached to the bottom part of the shock? The shock body is in-tact, the oil is inside and there is no leaking. I'm afraid if I just buy a replacement spring the shock will come apart again.

I didn't crash into anything actually. I ran for about 20 minutes and the car did flip at low speed. When I got the car and picked it up the spring was missing.

g379Tft.jpg

Id8ubr5.jpg

What keeps that knurled piston shaft attached to the bottom part of the shock? The shock body is in-tact, the oil is inside and there is no leaking. I'm afraid if I just buy a replacement spring the shock will come apart again.
Jennysrc.com is your friend!

Oh.. THAT looks like a manufacturer defect on that one.. It's not suppose to come apart in that way.

Contact ARRMA and show them your pics (they will ask for photos and receipt) and hopefully they will send you a complete new shock. Including the missing spring.

Oh.. THAT looks like a manufacturer defect on that one.. It's not suppose to come apart in that way.

Contact ARRMA and show them your pics (they will ask for photos and receipt) and hopefully they will send you a complete new shock. Including the missing spring.
It isn’t… I had that happen before, I didn’t know it would be considered defective?

Yup about warranty...
And can't emphasize enough about Jennysrc.com for parts....only negative is that the warranty is not in effect for parts from them, but they are new and at a noticeable discount.....
Welcome, by the way....

100% on warranty. They will be more than happy to fix that QC problem. I've done terrible things to mine and haven't had that happen.

It isn’t… I had that happen before, I didn’t know it would be considered defective?

Most shocks have threaded shafts.. If Arrma made their plastic shocks knurled instead of the traditional than they need to make sure it's bonded to the shaft correctly from the factory. IF it disconnects and falls apart from basic useage then it's definitely defective.
Plus, if you look at the photo carefully, it doesn't show a tear-out/rip-out of any sort like from a crash.. It simply looked like it separated "cleanly" like it wasn't even bonded/glued at all from the assembly plant.
Could have been one from a Monday worker in China or elsewhere, who knows. I'm only going by what I see, just saying...

One little piece of advice. Get rid of the red aluminum suspension arms and replace them with RPM arms or go back to stock arms. The aluminum arms look nice but will end up breaking the chassis in a bad crash. Easier and cheaper to replace a suspension arm than a complete chassis.

You know that shock shaft aint coming off that a-arm.. Unless the eye splits!!🤣
The eye splitting is the worst thing ever, sometimes it’s barely noticeable.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll hit up Horizon for a warranty.
I recommend buying some spare arms from Jennysrc.com or get the better RPM arms to replace those aluminum arms which will break other parts. I always purchase my spare parts from Jennysrc.com, the shipping is quick and the customer service is great!

^
Excellent.
Hopefully they will make it right, ASAP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back