Jconcept choppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! Off topic, but can you tell me more about the aluminum wheels?

I don't want to keep shelling out money on broken plastic wheels.

Are the aluminum wheels worth it?

Would you recommend them for an XRT?

As @KnowAir stated I do pretty well for myself. Keep in mind I have 4 8s Outcast. All for different reasons. I own an xrt as well. If you're running stock electronics my advice would be no. The aluminum wheels add a serious amount of weight. I have run Choppers with the Jconcept wheels on my xrt. No breakage or heat issues but Im not on stock electronics and it remained 8s. I do have a couple a pair Vitavon wheels. Both the aluminum version and the lightweight version. Lightweight version is still considerably heavier than stock wheels. In the end your budget will dictate what and how you run your RC's. Keep in mind my Outcast 8s and Kraton 8s are no longer stock electronics. I do run 12s on both. I wouldnt run 8s with aluminum wheels but thats me. If you got the coin and want to invest money into the XRT go for it. I love my aluminum wheels but they're not a necessary item IMHO. Good luck!

As @KnowAir stated I do pretty well for myself. Keep in mind I have 4 8s Outcast. All for different reasons. I own an xrt as well. If you're running stock electronics my advice would be no. The aluminum wheels add a serious amount of weight. I have run Choppers with the Jconcept wheels on my xrt. No breakage or heat issues but Im not on stock electronics and it remained 8s. I do have a couple a pair Vitavon wheels. Both the aluminum version and the lightweight version. Lightweight version is still considerably heavier than stock wheels. In the end your budget will dictate what and how you run your RC's. Keep in mind my Outcast 8s and Kraton 8s are no longer stock electronics. I do run 12s on both. I wouldnt run 8s with aluminum wheels but thats me. If you got the coin and want to invest money into the XRT go for it. I love my aluminum wheels but they're not a necessary item IMHO. Good luck!
No offense brother, I think it's great that you have the luxuries. 👍😎🍻

No offense brother, I think it's great that you have the luxuries. 👍😎🍻

None taken whatsoever. You're a great member in the Arrma community. Much respect.😎👊

For anybody goin through this thread and you happen to break (I haven't) a Jconcepts wheel you can hit me up for one. Plenty of spares here! 👍

The only thing Ive switched out with the choppers/hazzard wheels and the Proline mx43's is the beadlock rings. Those fit. Now for the mx43's the 43 in the Proline is 4.3 wheel. I think.
My hazzard wheels and Vitavon wheels are 4.3. Now Proline says nothing is compatible with their setup. I think thats an old statement but I don't know.
Hope that helps.

Screenshot_20240425_113438_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240425_113335_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240425_113042_eBay.jpg

The only thing Ive switched out with the choppers/hazzard wheels and the Proline mx43's is the beadlock rings. Those fit. Now for the mx43's the 43 in the Proline is 4.3 wheel. I think.
My hazzard wheels and Vitavon wheels are 4.3. Now Proline says nothing is compatible with their setup. I think thats an old statement but I don't know.
Hope that helps.

View attachment 363074View attachment 363075View attachment 363076
Thank you muchly Sir!! I know you have the Vitavon wheels, and I'm quite sure they were made to use Proline "43's", so, knowing the Jconcept tires fit the Vitavon wheels kind of tells the story.
I know the Jconcepts and Proline wheels and adapters are indeed different bolt patterns/quantity of screws. I can see that in photos, but knowing I can potentially buy Proline 43's to install on Jconcepts wheels is what I was wondering about. Thinking of the 43 paddles for next winter, or if I end up tearing a Chopper tire, not all is lost, I could throw MX43'S onto Jconcepts wheels for $80 instead of starting over and paying $200 for wheels and tires. I'm always working an angle..😉🤑🤣

Thank you muchly Sir!! I know you have the Vitavon wheels, and I'm quite sure they were made to use Proline "43's", so, knowing the Jconcept tires fit the Vitavon wheels kind of tells the story.
I know the Jconcepts and Proline wheels and adapters are indeed different bolt patterns/quantity of screws. I can see that in photos, but knowing I can potentially buy Proline 43's to install on Jconcepts wheels is what I was wondering about. Thinking of the 43 paddles for next winter, or if I end up tearing a Chopper tire, not all is lost, I could throw MX43'S onto Jconcepts wheels for $80 instead of starting over and paying $200 for wheels and tires. I'm always working an angle..😉🤑🤣

I have tons of hazzard wheels.😉
Just gonna be a few before Im back in the game. Getting divorced.😁

Ay, I see.. well, judging by the grinning face, maybe the best solution is divorce. Best of luck brother! Hit me up if/when you decide to unload the Hazard wheels.👍

You finally bought one too many sets of expensive ass tires? 🤣 🤣

You finally bought one too many sets of expensive ass tires? 🤣 🤣

The word expensive can be subjective. Where I am, money falls from the heavens. 🤣😎

200w (3).gif

The word expensive can be subjective. Where I am, money falls from the heavens. 🤣😎

View attachment 363322
haha damn man, I'm over here with like 40 rigs, even got all 4 mcd 1/5th scale rigs and you're still making me feel BROKE :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

haha damn man, I'm over here with like 40 rigs, even got all 4 mcd 1/5th scale rigs and you're still making me feel BROKE :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nice! Ive only been in the hobby bout 18 months. Next project is here.😎

20240425_193339.jpg
20240425_192750.jpg

My bro grabbed a set of Choppers over the winter, just had our first test on them last weekend. They are meaty, very nice quality rubber. We weighed them at around 900g each. BF SB come in at 600g. We tried them on each of our 8s rigs, his O8s exb, with max6/1100 and my K8S rtr w/1100 Firma. He said they felt heavy on his, I didn't really notice the weight myself. Grip on loose dirt and grass is strong, clay, eh. IDK if I'm ready to pony up for a set yet. Still curious about the Terraforms from Method RC. Or even MX43, though I can't imagine they'd be good on hardpack, maybe.
Both my brother and I agreed we preferred the stock Arrma BF's and CH on track over the Choppers.

Back