Outcast Arrma Outcast 8s EXB with JConcepts Magma’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you got ur new rigs!! New tires already eh? Money must be good out there? Stay safe out there with all the mindless idiots on their phones all the time!!🤪🙃😉🍻

Lol, yeah hauling hazmat pays well. Always busy and money comes in. Hardest part is the winters. Thanks!

Last edited:
Those choppers look sick on that Kraton man!

I contacted them to see if they have a way for people to get ahold of just the hex's. We will see what they say.
I reached out to them on Monday about buying foam inserts for those.. no reply. Hopefully you have better luck.

I contacted them to see if they have a way for people to get ahold of just the hex's. We will see what they say.
Screenshot_20230911_164316_Gallery.jpg

Appreciate the compliment!

Nice, they actually responded.. no replacements available? WTF!? That's just as lame as Proline expecting people to pony up another $100 for aluminum adapters for a set of wheels and tires they paid $200 for. Yet, Arrma BF'S need no upgrades as the wheels just don't break, almost ever? I've beat the tar out of my Arrma wheels in summer and winter, never a problem. Just wish they had more tread options. Stock wheels and tires on my Xmaxx are pure trash. I've been working on separating the tires from the wheels to replace the foams. Turns out practically all, like 6 out of 8 wheels are cracked all around. I think the tire was the only thing holding the wheels together. Funniest part is 8s BF'S weigh about the same yet the wheels are waay stronger.🤷‍♂️
For the like of me I can't understand why Jconcepts and Proline insist on the removable hex design? It's just ridiculous. I mean yes, I know the TRX 8s rigs use undersized 12mm stubs that are used for 1/8 scales but, all thats needed to adapt 18mm 1/5 scale wheels are oversized wheelnuts or flat washers.. I really wish they'd just drop the removable hex nonsense already..

Last edited:
Nice, they actually responded.. no replacements available? WTF!? That's just as lame as Proline expecting people to pony up another $100 for aluminum adapters for a set of wheels and tires they paid $200 for. Yet, Arrma BF'S need no upgrades as the wheels just don't break, almost ever? I've beat the tar out of my Arrma wheels in summer and winter, never a problem. Just wish they had more tread options. Stock wheels and tires on my Xmaxx are pure trash. I've been working on separating the tires from the wheels to replace the foams. Turns out practically all, like 6 out of 8 wheels are cracked all around. I think the tire was the only thing holding the wheels together. Funniest part is 8s BF'S weigh about the same yet the wheels are waay stronger.🤷‍♂️
For the like of me I can't understand why Jconcepts and Proline insist on the removable hex design? It's just ridiculous. I mean yes, I know the TRX 8s rigs use undersized 12mm stubs that are used for 1/8 scales but, all thats needed to adapt 18mm 1/5 scale wheels are oversized wheelnuts or flat washers.. I really wish they'd just drop the removable hex nonsense already..

Yeah,Im not to keen on the hexes either but I like Jconcepts tire designs. They look sick IMO. I'll wait it out and see what their aluminum hex adaptors look like. If the wheels don't work out it'll be Vitavon wheels. don't wanna go there though! 😂
Pricing is just ridiculous.
Screenshot_20230914_121431_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230914_121355_Chrome.jpg

Yeah,Im not to keen on the hexes either but I like Jconcepts tire designs. They look sick IMO. I'll wait it out and see what their aluminum hex adaptors look like. If the wheels don't work out it'll be Vitavon wheels. don't wanna go there though! 😂
Pricing is just ridiculous.View attachment 322324View attachment 322325
Not dissing the tires, I have a set of Jconcepts choppers sct 1/10 scale. They are awesome.
Just frustrated by the current trend with the removable hexes..sorry for going off there.✌
I wonder what the pattern is? I did just see a post here the other day about some pretty affordable aluminum adapters..

Not dissing the tires, I have a set of Jconcepts choppers sct 1/10 scale. They are awesome.
Just frustrated by the current trend with the removable hexes..sorry for going off there.✌
I wonder what the pattern is? I did just see a post here the other day about some pretty affordable aluminum adapters..

No offense taken. I got thick skin. I wasnt too happy on jconcepts answer either! 👍👊🏼😎

I hope they hold up great and my concerns are unfounded.
I tried finding videos of the Jconcepts but not alot out there. Exocaged being the most notable but he doesn't beat them very hard so who knows. Best of luck with them!!👍🍻

I hope they hold up great and my concerns are unfounded.
I tried finding videos of the Jconcepts but not alot out there. Exocaged being the most notable but he doesn't beat them very hard so who knows. Best of luck with them!!👍🍻

Ive sent them pretty hard with the Xmaxx and XRT! No issues but the Arrma's are a bit heavier. 🤷

how do you like the choppers vs the magmas?

@GNT1

how do you like the choppers vs the magmas?

@GNT1

Choppers are alot softer but I really like both. Magmas don't balloon as much. You can definitely feel a difference in the handling characteristics. I don't see myself running anything but these two tires.
So far no issues we either. Jumps or speed. They've held up well at high speeds too. Did a few street runs to see if theyd blow and they held up. 55 to 60 mph all day.

Those Choppers would surely be on my list to buy if only they weren't so heavy and pricey. Good with the bad I suppose. For the heck of it, I reached out to Jconcepts to see if I can get 1/5 MT tire foams for the Choppers or Magmas. They said they only sell them as a complete set in pairs.. @GNT1 ,what kind of foams do they use? Open or closed cell? I hear the Jconcepts and Proline beadlocks are interchangeable. That would be really cool if true. Enjoy!!🍻

Those Choppers would surely be on my list to buy if only they weren't so heavy and pricey. Good with the bad I suppose. For the heck of it, I reached out to Jconcepts to see if I can get 1/5 MT tire foams for the Choppers or Magmas. They said they only sell them as a complete set in pairs.. @GNT1 ,what kind of foams do they use? Open or closed cell? I hear the Jconcepts and Proline beadlocks are interchangeable. That would be really cool if true. Enjoy!!🍻

Jconcepts came with adaptors that fit my xmaxx,xrt,kraton and outcast. Plenty of others theyll fit too! Hub adaptors are 17mm and 24mm. As far as the foams not sure whats in there. I did remount the tires on some vitavon wheels but didnt really pay attention to the foams. The tires are new,so I didnt look for any issues.
Couple of pictures with the magma and chopper on vitavon wheels.

Screenshot_20231009_162109_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231009_162158_Gallery.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back