Outcast Arrma Outcast 8s EXB with JConcepts Magma’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trey Wood

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has tried this wheel and tire combo yet, I know people have been sort of turned off by the sheer weight of them. But if you’re a basher and want a good grass tire that bites I don’t think there’s anything like it. Depending on what gearing/power system you’re running you may just want to beef up your drivetrain/gearing when you do swap them though. Let me know what you all think. I’ll post a pic and some running footage here as well. And if you’re into YouTube bashing and watching people destroy perfectly good running RC cars and building Arrma’s that can take punishment, subscribe to SendettaRC channel. We would appreciate it very much.

Video:

This truck is running a hobbywing Max5 ESC and 800kv motor on 39/39 1:1 gearing. M2CRacing shock pistons and RCAWD beefy driveshafts/CVDS with the thicker pins and larger drive cups. Any questions about it just ask. Happy bashing!

GPTempDownload.jpeg

GPTempDownload.jpeg

IMG_6951.jpeg

IMG_6953.jpeg

They come with interchangeable hubs for oc8 and x maxx, I have those also so I'll be testing them everywhere they can fit.
The stock vekta tire beside the magmas! Was even thinking of baja rear tires for the vekta...but I like the magmas much more!

20230829_221722.jpg

20230829_224750.jpg

I just love going into the lhs wanting one thing, then finding something you didn't even know you wanted!
I think my lhs loves that to! Lol
So tempted to get em!!
You need to try them! The rims have no holes and the tires are punched for venting. Nice and soft to stretch out and get threw the snow! The lugs made me think of paddle tires but the have so many they hold great on the turns. May gear down the vekta but the 34 ported still wind up and you can see the tires swell a bite, or I may just get a Taylor big block! Love this hobby, endless choices!

Last edited:
I’ve also wanted to try them, but the weight and the removable hex has always been a pretty big turn off for me.

I also can’t recall, are these actual beadlocks or no?

Yes beadlocks, with alot more screws than regular 1/5 wheels. The weight is comparable to the proline badlands mx43 with beadlocks, but much more than the glued duratrax options. I have flanged nuts so they crush the rim onto the hub as well I'm sure metal hubs may become available plus if one strips or breaks you need only change the hub not hole rim

Yes they are actual beadlocks, inner and outer ring. So far, I can’t fault them. The weight is a big deal, but if you build around it then they are a great wheel and tire no doubt.
I’ve also wanted to try them, but the weight and the removable hex has always been a pretty big turn off for me.

I also can’t recall, are these actual beadlocks or

I run 12s on one of my Outcast. I haven't had a whole lotta run time but I like the magmas so far!
Picked up an O8s V2 and throwing the Jconcepts Choppers on that too!
20230905_110352.jpg
20230911_164046.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_142939_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230912_142913_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230912_142854_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I have the v1 oc8 but damn that looks good! Like what I've been hearing about the v2's, if I can ever get my hands on one I may just get it. Put a servo and rpm arms all around on my v1...but I'm just to scared to send it.

I have the v1 oc8 but damn that looks good! Like what I've been hearing about the v2's, if I can ever get my hands on one I may just get it. Put a servo and rpm arms all around on my v1...but I'm just to scared to send it.
NGL I'm laughing at this after I just took my outcast out today and crash landed it at least 4 times and one of those times I hit the sidewalk. Only thing that stopped the truck from driving was the pinion coming off after the sidewalk hit. Granted I have an m2c chassis but I beat the hell out of that truck today and it ate every bit of it. The v2 is literally just the exb roller with electronics. :ROFLMAO:

Send it!!

Both V2's got Jconcepts choppers this fine morning.😎
Choppers are a bit lighter. See how it goes. 🤷

20230913_034554.jpg
20230913_032958.jpg

@GNT1 How do you focus at work knowing you got those rigs at home waiting on you...LOL

Can't wait to hear your reactions/review of the Magmas vs Choppers

Definitely not ez!🤣
Im a truck driver so Im never home. The Choppers and the magmas haven't given any issues as of yet. I run them on the xmaxx and xrt now. The arrma rigs are a little heavier so I guess its wait and see if they can handle the extra weight.

@Moirae were it you who had less than happy results from the Jconcepts Landmines? Broken hex adapters?
I admit, the Magma's are indeed one of the most badass lookin tires I've ever seen but, broken hexes would be a real boner killer..
FWIW, I would buy the Choppers myself, more versatile I bet.

Last edited:
@Moirae were it you who had less than happy results from the Jconcepts Landmines? Broken hex adapters?
I admit, the Magma's are indeed one of the most badass lookin tires I've ever seen but, broken hexes would be a real boner killer..
FWIW, I would buy the Chopoers myself, more versatile I bet.
Yea im still salty and there doesn’t seem to be a way to buy the hex for those either 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back