SOLD / FOUND Just a long shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey guys, I love this forum so I know this is a bit outside the box here but…. Does anyone happen to have any Apple IPhones series 7 and newer laying around that you would want to sell?? My father is in his late 70’s and he won’t buy an iPhone cause he thinks apple is ripping people off making upgrades that can’t be installed on his iPhone 4s lol yup I said (4s). Our cell service wants to chareg us $22. A month for a iPhone 7 and he won’t do it. So I’m looking for a decently priced used 7 or newer with a good screen does not need to be a perfect specimen, but his eyes aren’t great with cracked screens. please let me know if y’all can help out.
Thank You
Alan…

edit: I’m looking to spend south of $75-$100 hopefully we’ll south 😂

Last edited:
Hey guys, I love this forum so I know this is a bit outside the box here but…. Does anyone happen to have any Apple IPhones series 7 and newer laying around that you would want to sell?? My father is in his late 70’s and he won’t buy an iPhone cause he thinks apple is ripping people off making upgrades that can’t be installed on his iPhone 4s lol yup I said (4s). Our cell service wants to chareg us $22. A month for a iPhone 7 and he won’t do it. So I’m looking for a decently priced used 7 or newer with a good screen does not need to be a perfect specimen, but his eyes aren’t great with cracked screens. please let me know if y’all can help u.
Thank You
Alan…

Not sure if you have heard or is aware of..

Apple is being sued for deliberately slowing or bricking the iPhone (models iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and first-generation SE -Slowing to iPhone models 11, 12, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max -Bricking)

Read Here >
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...-iphones-with-update-in-class-action-lawsuit/

and

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/iphone-slowdown/

Perhaps just get him a Brand New $150 Android phone

Take a peek at Motorola G Power

https://www.amazon.com/Power-batter...a/dp/B09L2SC7V1/ref=sr_1_14?crid=BSEJKIP79B9N

Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor
6.6" HD
Vision Display
4GB RAM
64GB internal storage
48MP Camera

Holy smokes..
I sound like their VP of Sales...
I don't work for Motorola.

Probably check swappa, eBay or Amazon for refurbished phone. If you’re looking for something that old, anybody still holding onto one - the battery is probably shot so you would have to fork out bucks to replace that. You could find a second Gen iPhone SE in fair condition for around $130 and less for one’s locked to a carrier.

Hey guys, I love this forum so I know this is a bit outside the box here but…. Does anyone happen to have any Apple IPhones series 7 and newer laying around that you would want to sell?? My father is in his late 70’s and he won’t buy an iPhone cause he thinks apple is ripping people off making upgrades that can’t be installed on his iPhone 4s lol yup I said (4s). Our cell service wants to chareg us $22. A month for a iPhone 7 and he won’t do it. So I’m looking for a decently priced used 7 or newer with a good screen does not need to be a perfect specimen, but his eyes aren’t great with cracked screens. please let me know if y’all can help out.
Thank You
Alan…

Let me look tomorrow... PM me. My wife had the popular red iPhone back in the day think it was the iPhone 7 Plus one with the larger screen. I need to see if it is there and if I did not give it away.

I need to get it and power it on to see what model it was....was in my office desk for some time, so I cannot remember if it was a 7, 8 or what just know it was the RED and Plus model or if I got rid of it. It was in good shape since she had a case on it.

Thank You
Alan…

I am still looking for the red iPhone. It is an iPhone 8 Plus my wife feels our youngest daughter (23yr old) has it since he drops and breaks her phone all too much. She is out of town, so waiting for a response if she does have it or not since we cannot find out. Millennials are slow to respond back unless they "need" something.

I did find something while looking, but it's below your needs. It is an iPhone 6S in clean condition, but the screen is small.

Thank You
Alan…

I miss the days of phones being phones. You just dialed a number and it worked... all the time. If you want a basic phone don't buy a smart phone.

He is correct, it's a 100% racket. The SW is design by children for children. They update random stuff and change the behavior because they "think" it should be like that. Then the new kid comes in and doesn't like it. The new behavior always adds more click, swipe and scrolls which make it impossible to truly manage or understand your phone. Eventually they make a new model and need to find an excuse for you to migrate. Oh your currently working SW will stop working.

Then there is the AI
Me: "Hey Surly Call my wife".​
Surly: "You want to a software update?"​
Me: "No, I want to talk to my wife"​
Surly: "But I need new emojis, your such a peepee I hate you. Why are you so non-inclusive and why do you hate phones so much? Are you racist?"​
Me: "Just call my wife. She is waiting for me."​
Surly: "But the SW update is great. It was created by the 5th grade class at Freddy Krueger Elementary. It will rearrange all of of your Icons, sort your contacts by eye color and I will become even less useful. Besides, your wife doesn't want to talk to you anyway, the pool boy is in the backyard."​
Me: "But we don't have a pool."​
Surly: "That's not my problem. If you would quite spending so much time on Arrmaforum.com, your wife might not have a pool boy. "​

Seriously though my father got a Jitterbug phone and loved it. They are designed for seniors, simpler to use and less BS. They work with all the major carriers too and are a fraction of the price. If you dad wants to play Angry Birds get him a tablet. If he wants to take pictures get him a camera.

Thank You
Alan…

We are looking for our old ones but no luck so far man. Think we traded them in. I do have a nice Samsung (I think it is) you can have. Pretty sure I know where that one is…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back