Typhon Just got a TLR Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon TLR
  5. Voltage
I have a few 3s blx rigs and had 4s outcast I ran all on 3s over the past few years and I liked doing stunts with the outcast. I just got a TLR typhon with a 6s spektrum system on eBay for a steal of a deal. I already have some 1/8 proline badlands if I wanna go to a track and some pro line mx28s and parts to truggify it for bashing and skateparks. Will it still do flips, wheelies and fly good on 4s with the belted mx28s or is 6s a must for these rigs? I’m hoping to not break a bunch of parts bashing but I also don’t want it to be lame. Help me decide what packs to buy as all my lipos are bad from being in storage.

Not sure if the belted tires will be enough on 4s to really get some flips in easily. I'm sure it will still do it, just not as easy as it would on 6s or using non-belted tires. If you have it geared up some, it definitely won't feel lame.

MX28 and 6s = standing backflips. The Mx28 won't last long on 6s. 4s is more than enough and a lot more fun.

6s is anyway too much power for the Typhon. Results in too much wheelspin. 6s is good for speedruns. For bashing 4s is the way to go. The belted MX28hp are lighter, can handle 6s and are also fun. For skateparks the MX28 are better. Heavier and therefore more air control.

Last edited:
MX28 and 6s = standing backflips. The Mx28 won't last long on 6s. 4s is more than enough and a lot more fun.

6s is anyway too much power for the Typhon. Results in too much wheelspin. 6s is good for speedruns. For bashing 4s is the way to go. The belted MX28hp are lighter, can handle 6s and are also fun. For skateparks the MX28 are better. Heavier and therefore more air control.
What do you recommend for front center and rear diff fluid? Might as well add some to the Amazon order! I’m a newbie on the 6s rigs so any advice is much appreciated! Thanks for all the insight already!

50k front, center 200-300k, rear 20K. Very nice handling like that. For the MX28 you might want to go down 2 teeth on your pinion if you race around.

What's wrong with just gearing down on 6s?
More efficient with 6s, and ultimately less sag, more potential power, and less amps supplied per kv..

What's wrong with just gearing down on 6s?
More efficient with 6s, and ultimately less sag, more potential power, and less amps supplied per kv..
I've tried it. Smallest gear still to big for bashing I would say. Torque just insane. MX28 were just discs at not even full throttle. In addition to that you'll have trouble fitting some 6s lipos under the body. You can only lift the body in the rear a bit. The single front body post can only be lifted with some own modification. The 6s lipo will touch the body in the rear. If you flip the car on the roof there is no buffer between body and lipo.
6s is fine if you want to go for speed. Otherwise you are fishtailing all the time. Insane torque. Wears down tires fast.

6s makes sense for heavy backflips on a Notorious but not on little buggy tires for bashing. If you go for 6s and MX28 you have to tie the tires with kevlar or nylon. Quite a few infos around on that.

I've tried it. Smallest gear still to big for bashing I would say. Torque just insane. MX28 were just discs at not even full throttle. In addition to that you'll have trouble fitting some 6s lipos under the body. You can only lift the body in the rear a bit. The single front body post can only be lifted with some own modification. The 6s lipo will touch the body in the rear. If you flip the car on the roof there is no buffer between body and lipo.
6s is fine if you want to go for speed. Otherwise you are fishtailing all the time. Insane torque. Wears down tires fast.

6s makes sense for heavy backflips on a Notorious but not on little buggy tires for bashing. If you go for 6s and MX28 you have to tie the tires with kevlar or nylon. Quite a few infos around on that.
How are the belted mx28’s though? Figure they would offer a notable improvement

Don’t understand why people buy a v8 and ultimately pull 2 spark plugs. If your track has voltage limitations then by all means gear for that 👍

A 4S-6S pack is negligible, tweak your tray side suspension preload/oil and transmitter/operator to compensate.

The belted mx28s have worked good on my 3s typhon with 10 packs ran through it. Will see how they do on the Tlr! Gonna put the proline mx m2 on the 3s if I run I decide to blow the dust off of it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back