Just made a tool caddy for the bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Made a tool holder for my most used tools. A plan in my head, couple of scrap 2x4 ends, some gorilla wood glue, a few passes on my table saw, a little time on a drill press, some hand sanding and a little stain. I'll probably polyurethane the thing since it's so dry here in Colorado, but that's a processes and takes time (First coat, wait 4 hours, second coat, wait 4 hours, 3rd coat, wait 3 days) and I need it now, lol.

The bottom is recessed for two heavy steel plates for counter balance. Not absolutely needed, but nice to have in case I knock a beer against it. I still have room for growth as well.

BTW, that wood glue is the bomb... You can't even see the seam except for on the end grain.

IMG_5380.JPG

IMG_5382.JPG

IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5384.JPG

Nice work. I like the recess for the steel plates 👍🏻 good idea.

Maybe put a magnet tray somewhere for those removed screws?
I have loads of mag trays. Here's the counter weight.... It took about 15 passes on the saw, lol. I've always wanted a router table, but it's just not in the cards at this time.

IMG_5389.JPG

Nailed in a couple finishing nails for a few of my favorite sockets. Knocked off the top with my compound cutters and slipped on my MIP tip protectors.

IMG_5388.JPG
IMG_5388.JPG

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back