Kraton Kraton 4S, Blinking Light Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bs0u0118

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
First Post here as a Kraton 4S owner! Bought it new in May 2019 but haven't used it for about 7 months and have an issue with getting up and running again.

Charged the car batteries (2x 2S), new batteries in the controller too but all I get is steering input and no throttle response, forwards or backwards. ESC is blinking green continuously - no pattern to it. Tried reset and also tried to go through throttle setup but the car does nothing when trying to do either - just blinks green throughout and no noise or red lights etc.

Bought the car RTR and using the stock Spektrum STX2 controller that came with it.

Completely stuck with it and not sure what to do! First RC car so not very experienced in running them.

Any help would be appreciated here........

Thanks. I just tried that and even after pulling all 3 engine wires the ESC still just blinks green. Its not blinking in a pattern, its just continuous

Are you running 2 × 2s on it?
If you are trying to run a single 2s that esc doesn't support that. Its 3s or 4s only.

I've had my blx185 stuck in programming mode before but when I plugged in a different cell count (4s) instead of the normal (6s) it got me out of the prog mode and fully working again. Different esc but might be worth trying.. before having to resort to calling horizon hobby..

You have definately rebinded the rec and calibrated the esc?

Edit- Also make sure you are at the 100% throttle position on the Txs throttle limiter and trim is neutral for the calibration.

I'm running 2x 2S on it, same batteries and setup since day 1 of ownership.

I haven't rebinded or calibrated the ESC - tried to get into that but thr ESC won't change modes, it just sticks with the gren blinking light and the set button does nothing - tried holding it down while turning it on, holding it down for 4 seconds while its turned on - just carries on blinking green with no red or beeps at all

Last edited:
Make sure the esc is plugged into the receiver and hasnt come out and the esc-rec wires haven't got damaged etc.

Failing that... its maybe time to open a ticket with Horizon for a new esc.

Sounds like the ESC isn’t seeing the receiver. Check the wire from the ESC to the radio thoroughly for defects. Also make sure it’s plugged in correctly to the receiver. Black wire goes to the outside edge.

Not much luck so far......

Contacted ARRMA who told me to get in touch with Horizon Hobby..........so emailed Horizon who then told me to contact my retailer!

Are you in the UK? The support for us in the UK is not up to par with those in the US. But it seems your local arrma licenced hobby shop you bought it from should be the first port of call, if they cannot repair or replace it then it becomes the manufacturer's problem.

Ok, thanks - I am in the UK. I bought it from Modelsport - not far from me, but of course they're not open or answering the phone due to COVID-19. I've sent them an email now (y)

Since your steering is moving, it's getting the signal from the receiver. Try moving your throttle trim to the middle, if it's way off when you turn it on, the ESC will shutdown the throttle so that it doesn't blast off your table when you turn it on.

Since your steering is moving, it's getting the signal from the receiver. Try moving your throttle trim to the middle, if it's way off when you turn it on, the ESC will shutdown the throttle so that it doesn't blast off your table when you turn it on.

Thanks. Tried that by adjusting the trim throughout the range and still nothing unfortunately. Frustrating!! As you say, its obviously receiving part of the signal from the controller

Thanks. Tried that by adjusting the trim throughout the range and still nothing unfortunately. Frustrating!! As you say, its obviously receiving part of the signal from the controller
You need to recalibrate the esc maybe if it doesn't work reset it to default setting if it still doesn't work then call horizon

Fixed it!!!

I rebalanced the two batteries today and plugged them into the car. That gave me a rapid flashing red light on the ESC, but crucially it let me enter the throttle setup function by holding the set button as I turned on the car - previously the car wouldn't let me reset or go into setup mode, just flashed green.

Once I completed throittle setup all is working well ?

Hope that helps someone in future reading this ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back