Big Rock Kraton 4s converted into Big Rock 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone compile the extensive parts list for this insane conversion? I was going to convert my Outcast to a Notorious but this looked like an even better project! ?

I get the feeling these guys get these trucks for free with the expectation that they make a vid or two and pump the new truck. I mean I love Rich’s work but if he says the new center brace on the 4s trucks is "trick" one more time I’m going to puke. Unless trick means worthless. Remember the vids when the 3s trucks came out? Seen many since? There you go. In another month or so you won’t see any more 4s bash videos by the big guys and it will be business as usual.

I like the look. Keeps me from buying the BRCC. lol

Can someone compile the extensive parts list for this insane conversion? I was going to convert my Outcast to a Notorious but this looked like an even better project! ?

I get the feeling these guys get these trucks for free with the expectation that they make a vid or two and pump the new truck. I mean I love Rich’s work but if he says the new center brace on the 4s trucks is "trick" one more time I’m going to puke. Unless trick means worthless. Remember the vids when the 3s trucks came out? Seen many since? There you go. In another month or so you won’t see any more 4s bash videos by the big guys and it will be business as usual.

If Arrma gave me free trucks to make vids, I'd do it too.
Some people can only afford one truck or want the 4s platform for any number of reasons. I think it's nice that he's modifying the Kraton 4s to give people more ideas and options. The 4s platform may not be your cup of tea but at least those that do buy em are supporting Arrma across the board and more to the bottom line. I personally haven't purchased one but I'm not mad at em. In my yard, the 4s would be easier to run than the 6s but I like playing with my single 3s Arrma truck. The BRCC looks great and folks like the body style. It's fun to see what else we can get from it.
Maybe one day I'll get one of the new ones but not top priority right now. I'd rather compare these trucks against the competition in the same cost / durability categories than against Arrma themselves. I'd hate to think they end up splitting their market. Whatever it takes for Arrma to make Traxxas sweat is what turns me on.

If Arrma gave me free trucks to make vids, I'd do it too.
Some people can only afford one truck or want the 4s platform for any number of reasons. I think it's nice that he's modifying the Kraton 4s to give people more ideas and options. The 4s platform may not be your cup of tea but at least those that do buy em are supporting Arrma across the board and more to the bottom line. I personally haven't purchased one but I'm not mad at em. In my yard, the 4s would be easier to run than the 6s but I like playing with my single 3s Arrma truck. The BRCC looks great and folks like the body style. It's fun to see what else we can get from it.
Maybe one day I'll get one of the new ones but not top priority right now. I'd rather compare these trucks against the competition in the same cost / durability categories than against Arrma themselves. I'd hate to think they end up splitting their market. Whatever it takes for Arrma to make Traxxas sweat is what turns me on.
Well said my brother from another mother.
Arrma is killing it right now and you can bet the competition is taking notes. Hope there is more to come this year as the awesome Notorious was reintroduced yesterday.

Well said my brother from another mother.
Arrma is killing it right now and you can bet the competition is taking notes. Hope there is more to come this year as the awesome Notorious was reintroduced yesterday.
Interesting. I hadn't noticed. Is it not just the V4 Outcast with a different body?

He put different body posts on and threw the BRCC body on. How is it not different? This is like 99.5% the Kraton 4s with a BRCC body. Color me unimpressed :ROFLMAO:

Of course they get them for free. Rich is all aboard Arrma and abandoned his other trucks because they are sending him free stuff. Same goes for jay tee, RCdude? Maybe?, Vas, and a few others. Nothing wrong with that, these guys spend money and time to make the videos, but yes their opinions are now virtually paid for. If they had large channels, it would also cost real money on top of products. The RC sailors can charge Arrma for the spot at this point, as can Kevin Talbot, jake billing, and certainly RC Sparks.

Of course they get them for free. Rich is all aboard Arrma and abandoned his other trucks because they are sending him free stuff. Same goes for jay tee, RCdude? Maybe?, Vas, and a few others. Nothing wrong with that, these guys spend money and time to make the videos, but yes their opinions are now virtually paid for. If they had large channels, it would also cost real money on top of products. The RC sailors can charge Arrma for the spot at this point, as can Kevin Talbot, jake billing, and certainly RC Sparks.
Thanks for the input ,Muscles!

Would you think Rich, Vas and the others would bash any truck they could get free... or maybe already made Arrma videos and due to their popularity gained the interest of Arrma marketing?

If you have a look at a number of Vas’s recent posts you will see they aren’t Arrma. I’m also sure the these guys do get some free kit from time to time too and good on ‘em too, but I wouldn’t say their opinions are paid for in anyway, I think that’s taking it a bit far

If you have a look at a number of Vas’s recent posts you will see they aren’t Arrma. I’m also sure the these guys do get some free kit from time to time too and good on ‘em too, but I wouldn’t say their opinions are paid for in anyway, I think that’s taking it a bit far

Vas gets products from Redcat and others too. He isn’t lying.. he enjoys the Arrma product. It isn’t hard to find likable things in RCs like this so it’s all based on truth. I just think some of the negatives never see light because of his relationship with Arrma, as his runs the deepest.

Would you think Rich, Vas and the others would bash any truck they could get free... or maybe already made Arrma videos and due to their popularity gained the interest of Arrma marketing?

Off Video/ YouTube Rich races Teknos and bashes with them. He may or may not have agreed recently with Arrma to be exclusive. I really don’t know and honestly don’t care because he is doing what makes him happy and his content is something he provides for free to us. We all know any RC isn’t perfect so really most reviews aren’t the end all be all.
I think he’s pretty honest across the board. He expressed his disgust with the new radio pretty well....

Agreed.... he has shared a concern but it’s a concern that would not sway anyone from purchasing. He MAY in his mind be thinking more, but at this point he is nearly an Arrma brand ambassador. Also, factory RC race drivers are allowed to choose their own radio etc aside from Horizon drivers, but you get my point.

Recently, Vas has been brutally honest with his Arrma critiques. I wish Arrma would actually listen to him more often. He's never been the type to downplay obvious flaws anyway. But his 1st Kraton bashing video was what made me buy one in the first place so I may be a bit bias on that aspect. Some of it was plain nitpicking though. These cars are not perfect by any means & I'll take some improvements anyday over '15 years of same car, different box' & '10 years of complaints b4 a model revamp' companies. Although some of these improvements are counterproductive, at least they're being made & rectified year to year. If we complain about it enough, they will use it as feedback for the next models. So complain away. The worst thing we can do is downplay or say nothing.

Lots of good insight here but don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back