Kraton Kraton 4S is a rollercoaster of hate/like.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But can a 4S Arrma really handle 4S? I need to know. That is the question.
The cvd’s not support 4s

After may be 8 pack ??

Wattt
I ran my kraton on 4s twice with a friend lipo and was fine
And the stretching holes looks like if you pulled the driveshaft with your hands so hard
Your slipper maybe too tight

Front is ok ! But one rear broke and the other is in bad condition !

Sorry for my bad english ?

Mhm weird... i kinda wanted to not deal with driveshaft anymore because traxxas deiveshaft were junk so i moved to arrma
Are your bearings okay?

All bearings is fasteddy and every bearing is ok !!

I know youtubers

All I know is that when you see the 4s 4x4 Kraton getting big air in Arrma' own marketing video on their website it appears that it is fine jumping. But I surmise they had several backup rigs for the video with some breakage and many takes made.
HH has to replace many 4s arms. I would use the warranty to its fullest extent. They have to own the problem in the end. Alot HH techs are not familiar with The Arrma brand I noticed when dealing with them. But I aways had luck with initial out of box issues and also the Noto esc fire that they repaired numerous parts and sent it back working flawlessy. RPM are you listening? Get those arms going. you will make a killing on this 4s 4x4 .
It's not just Duperbash. I've seen a bunch of different guys jumping them.

I didn't have a huge issue with the 3s arms. I've probably broken about 6-8 between my 2 truck before I switched to the RPM's (which are bowing by the way). But I knew the added length and weight was going to cause issues with the 4s trucks.

It's not just Duperbash. I've seen a bunch of different guys jumping them.

I didn't have a huge issue with the 3s arms. I've probably broken about 6-8 between my 2 truck before I switched to the RPM's (which are bowing by the way). But I knew the added length and weight was going to cause issues with the 4s trucks.
There was a time not that long ago, when plastic 1/10th trucks only came with brushed motors. Brushless was introduced for racing applications, and the trucks were never really designed to be bashers and jumpers. Their size and light weight made them nimble and quick on tight dirt and carpet tracks, but as wheel sizes grew to accommodate bashing, the rest of the truck stayed the same. Plastic slippers and drive shafts were never going to be strong enough for today's "sending" standards, and adding metal upgrades to compensate, just magnified the truck's other weaknesses. For example, the all metal drivetrain that now sits in my Slash, makes it ridiculously heavy, and melts difs like butter. Shocks good enough to carry the weight, are hard to come by in that size. When you jump to 1/8th and larger trucks, the plastic components tend to be just beefy enough to handle the extra power. The brands that advertise 1/10th or smaller scale plastic brushless trucks as good bashers, and posting videos of sending them to the moon, are doing a disservice to the hobby. 1/8th or bigger if you plan on putting more than a couple of feet between your chassis and the ground. Everything smaller is just a parts supplier's wet dream.

There was a time not that long ago, when plastic 1/10th trucks only came with brushed motors. Brushless was introduced for racing applications, and the trucks were never really designed to be bashers and jumpers. Their size and light weight made them nimble and quick on tight dirt and carpet tracks, but as wheel sizes grew to accommodate bashing, the rest of the truck stayed the same. Plastic slippers and drive shafts were never going to be strong enough for today's "sending" standards, and adding metal upgrades to compensate, just magnified the truck's other weaknesses. For example, the all metal drivetrain that now sits in my Slash, makes it ridiculously heavy, and melts difs like butter. Shocks good enough to carry the weight, are hard to come by in that size. When you jump to 1/8th and larger trucks, the plastic components tend to be just beefy enough to handle the extra power. The brands that advertise 1/10th or smaller scale plastic brushless trucks as good bashers, and posting videos of sending them to the moon, are doing a disservice to the hobby. 1/8th or bigger if you plan on putting more than a couple of feet between your chassis and the ground. Everything smaller is just a parts supplier's wet dream.

If it weren't for the driveshafts on my 3s trucks, I'd say you were wrong. But since they seem to break frequently, I will somewhat agree. I loosened my slipper a hair and made it through a pack on my BRCC without busting one so there is hope. Other than those and an occasional arm (prior to RPM) the 3s trucks are solid. You've seen my vids, Johnny.

If it weren't for the driveshafts on my 3s trucks, I'd say you were wrong. But since they seem to break frequently, I will somewhat agree. I loosened my slipper a hair and made it through a pack on my BRCC without busting one so there is hope. Other than those and an occasional arm (prior to RPM) the 3s trucks are solid. You've seen my vids, Johnny.
You're also a pretty damn good driver, so you have exceptional control, especially when landing. Not saying that they will all break like glass, but most people who try to do what you and other experienced operators do, are usually left with busted trucks, and heavy parts bills. Never gonna say that a tenth scale brushless truck can't be fun, but if you have no idea of it's limitations, and set out to do what they advertise in the skate park videos, you're likely in line for a rude awakening. I guess you just can't beat the laws of physics. Go big or go home. Eighth scale for the win.

You're also a pretty damn good driver, so you have exceptional control, especially when landing. Not saying that they will all break like glass, but most people who try to do what you and other experienced operators do, are usually left with busted trucks, and heavy parts bills. Never gonna say that a tenth scale brushless truck can't be fun, but if you have no idea of it's limitations, and set out to do what they advertise in the skate park videos, you're likely in line for a rude awakening. I guess you just can't beat the laws of physics. Go big or go home. Eighth scale for the win.

Johnny....you can say the exact same thing about the Arrma 6s trucks, lol. How many posts are there from people regarding damage done while sending their trucks. You are a living testament to that. For a period of time you could take your truck out with out busting something!

I actually think a 3s truck will take a bad landing better than the 6s trucks. No shock towers to bend, no aluminum chassis to bend. You either break an arm or a driveshaft. Sometimes a turnbuckle end. On a 6s rig the damage can be a bent chassis, bent shock towers, broken wheel hubs, broken shock rod ends, battery tray dislodging, broken wing, broken wing mount, bend dogbone/CVD, broken pin braces, bent hinge pins.....did I miss anything? :ROFLMAO:

Johnny....you can say the exact same thing about the Arrma 6s trucks, lol. How many posts are there from people regarding damage done while sending their trucks. You are a living testament to that. For a period of time you could take your truck out with out busting something!

I actually think a 3s truck will take a bad landing better than the 6s trucks. No shock towers to bend, no aluminum chassis to bend. You either break an arm or a driveshaft. Sometimes a turnbuckle end. On a 6s rig the damage can be a bent chassis, bent shock towers, broken wheel hubs, broken shock rod ends, battery tray dislodging, broken wing, broken wing mount, bend dogbone/CVD, broken pin braces, bent hinge pins.....did I miss anything? :ROFLMAO:
The difference is that I can bullet proof my eighth scale to be pretty indestructible, where as I can't do the same with my tenth scale. My damage comes from mistakes for sure, but I know that my Slash will never be strong enough to handle it's supplied power, and the same goes for most other tenth scale trucks. And to be fair, I've been sending it pretty hard in some pretty rough areas. Anyone trying to duplicate that with a tenth scale, would only last a tenth of the time, all landings and crashes being equal of course. Getting a 3500kv 3s truck to launch is easy too, so they could absolutely be subjected to the same types of force when landing and crashing. Now that I've gone to a metal based truck, I don't think I could ever be happy with an all plastic tenth scale one.

My shock tower just broke instead of bending. Bad landing for sure tho. Not faulting anyone but myself.... maybe I blame the backside of the 1/4 pipe vert wall ?

My shock tower just broke instead of bending. Bad landing for sure tho. Not faulting anyone but myself.... maybe I blame the backside of the 1/4 pipe vert wall ?

View attachment 42235
Now if that was a 6s truck, you could just bring out the BFH, and straighten it right out. Carnage shots make me happy?

Now if that was a 6s truck, you could just bring out the BFH, and straighten it right out. Carnage shots make me happy?
Yeah or I could steal the part from my Mega donor ???

The difference is that I can bullet proof my eighth scale to be pretty indestructible, where as I can't do the same with my tenth scale. My damage comes from mistakes for sure, but I know that my Slash will never be strong enough to handle it's supplied power, and the same goes for most other tenth scale trucks. And to be fair, I've been sending it pretty hard in some pretty rough areas. Anyone trying to duplicate that with a tenth scale, would only last a tenth of the time, all landings and crashes being equal of course. Getting a 3500kv 3s truck to launch is easy too, so they could absolutely be subjected to the same types of force when landing and crashing. Now that I've gone to a metal based truck, I don't think I could ever be happy with an all plastic tenth scale one.
I've taken my 3s trucks every place I've taken my 6s trucks. Actually, I've never jumped the fence at the skatepark with my 6s trucks like I did with my BRCC. We are comparing apples to oranges. Your 10th scale is made by Traxxas. I'm talking about the Arrma 10th scale trucks. I totally disagree with your statement regarding a 10th scale lasting a tenth of the time where you bash. The only limit would be what the Arrma 3s could clear due to ride height. But as far as height and distance of jumps? No problem. I sent my Granite over the berm at the BMX park. It survived.

I'm not saying that a 3s Arrma is in the same league as their 6s trucks. It's not. But they serve a purpose. They are easy to transport, will bash in smaller areas and are $250 cheaper than the 6s trucks. And lastly, they are much cheaper to fix.

So you could bend it the next time you jump ? You don't see a ton of broken shock towers on the 3s rigs. You see plenty of bent shocks towers on the 6s rigs. Of course you can remedy that by spending $90....

So you could bend it the next time you jump ? You don't see a ton of broken shock towers on the 3s rigs. You see plenty of bent shocks towers on the 6s rigs. Of course you can remedy that by spending $90....
Definitely buying upgraded aftermarket is an option, but the stock towers are really easy to bend back. You only need to have two on hand. I've actually straightened towers while they were still on the truck with vice grips and channel locks. As long as the shocks aren't impeded, and the body mounts are fairly lined up, a little bow never hurt anyone. And for the record, there is no tower made, plastic, metal, titanium, carbon fiber or any alien space mineral, that I can't bend or break. I am not the best example to use when it comes to breaking rc's. I am the destroyer of rc trucks, and proud to be the one person that no company could ever account for. Make sure they write that on my tombstone when I'm gone?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back