Kraton Kraton 4S Slipper Clutch Upgrade??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UK_Russ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
So, I was an absolute ass recently and used my car in snow way too deep, resulting in smoothed out splines in the rear of the centre driveshaft and a burnt out slipper clutch.

Having not been on here a while, I’ve noticed a few posts about new v3 parts that stop known slipper problems? Luckily I’ve never had any slipper issues before I went too hard on it, but is there any point in buying a standard set of slipper pads and a maintenance kit or do I just buy the v3 stuff?

And what are the parts I need to covert my standard Kraton 4S slipper to the newer style?

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry if this has already been discussed a thousand times.

Edit: Basically, is ARA311033 better than AR310882 and is it a direct fit?

Last edited:
Look in the comments section of the vid..he notes the 'wrong' part numbers and the 'New" ones... "You need to buy 2 new parts: 1. NEW 2020 slipper clutch maitenence set ARA311033 2. NEW 2020 shorter diff input gear ARA311031 Be careful. Old parts are looking similar: 1. Old: AR310873 ... New: ARA311031 2. Old: AR310882 ... New: ARA311033 (Old parts won't help you)"

20210206_111922_HDR.jpg

Yes I noticed that, thanks again for the help. A major supplier here in the UK had stock of the new parts, ordered both and some new slipper pads and should arrive mid week. 😁

Can’t wait to get it all installed and adjusted properly. I’ve always had a feeling it was ever so slightly slipping/loose or possibly dirty from new, but I never bothered to take it apart through fear of making it worse, slipper clutches are new to me.

At least now I’ve got an excuse to dive in and get to grips with it and get it all set up spot on for the future 👍🏻

Last edited:
Yes I noticed that, thanks again for the help. A major supplier here in the UK had stock of the new parts, ordered both and some new slipper pads and should arrive mid week. 😁

Can’t wait to get it all installed and adjusted properly. I’ve always had a feeling it was ever so slightly slipping/loose or possibly dirty from new, but I never bothered to take it apart through fear of making it worse, slipper clutches are new to me.

At least now I’ve got an excuse to dive in and get to grips with it and get it all set up spot on for the future 👍🏻
if it's your first time opening up the slipper..this should be fun for you...just take your time...take notice of how everything comes apart...make sure the lil bearings are facing the right way...and don't forget the lil lock nut :) You'll be fine!

I consider slipper maintenance a skill, not a one & done fix. I have our 3s/4s rigs set up differently for different driving styles. I had to fry a couple before I found the sweet spots, though. They're much easier than rebuilding a diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back