Kraton Kraton 4s v2.5 center diff - some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barmaleus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi all!

As I continue looking at the K4s internals and topping up fluids to make its very first run, I disassemble the center diff today.
So far, there are few things I don't understand (new to RC).

1. When I move the center diff, it kinda has a little play. Is this normal or should it be tight? Here is a video:

2. When the whole construction is on a horizontal surface, it is not fully aligned. Is it fine as is? Here is a video:

3. There is no grease whatsoever between the center diff and the motor pinion. Is this how it should be?

20240211_135117.jpg

Thank you!

Hello,
Great observations.
They are all Normal.

1. That's the amount of play in the mesh you should have.
2. Once mounted in the chassis the Power Module won't be rocking like that.
3. You should Not have any grease between the pinion and diff. It would just attract dirt and debris when you Bash and cause More wear & tear.

Now charge up your Lipo properly and Go Bash!! 👍

Last edited:
@Tex Koder Thanks a lot for explanations, much appreciated!
These days we have -10c outside =( Waiting for somewhat warmer weather for the very first run. But my patience is running thin... 😅

@Tex Koder Thanks a lot for explanations, much appreciated!
These days we have -10c outside =( Waiting for somewhat warmer weather for the very first run. But my patience is running thin... 😅

Nothing is stopping you from sneaking into a Large empty warehouse somewhere and ripping up their place!**

**Just attach a small hand broom to the back of your rig..
so IF anyone (security personnel) walks in on your while Bashing, you can look them in the eye and say > "I'm here to clean."

By the way.
Center diff looked like this inside. Topped it up.

View attachment 348024
From what I've gathered on this site, low levels from the factory seem to be the norm. I had to top up all three of my diffs while doing my pre-trip inspection. She's ready to rock now, but I'll wait until 'Ol Man Winter releases his grip somewhat around here.

Newbie here. Can someone suggest what weight fluids you guys suggest for front/center/rear. A few videos on yt suggested 50k front / 500k center / 20k rear. Just seeing what weights everyone runs. Thank you in advance

Stock is fine.

Newbie here. Can someone suggest what weight fluids you guys suggest for front/center/rear. A few videos on yt suggested 50k front / 500k center / 20k rear. Just seeing what weights everyone runs. Thank you in advance

Ever notice that in all of these videos where someone suggests something different than stock, they also break their RC at the end of the video?

Stock is fine.

Ever notice that in all of these videos where someone suggests something different than stock, they also break their RC at the end of the video?

Hmmmm.... good observation and advice, except it comes from the same guy who gave us this quote:

Max punch, max timing, max gearing, SEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOL.

Great videos by the way. Keep doing what you do. You won me over with your fairly sane bashing and quality lands... plus you like the Tekno MT410

Hmmmm.... good observation and advice, except it comes from the same guy who gave us this quote:

Hahaha, hopefully people got that it was a joke.

Stock is fine but I changed the center diff to 1m and I noticed a difference for the better. I didn't touch the front and rear yet. Not too mention from the factory the center diff wasn't very full either. I also topped off the shocks with a heavier weight. The car performed much better imo. I didn't set the punch to max lol just below it. Max is 9 I set it to 8 lol. I might turn it down to 7. I didn't touch the timing tho. Love my Kraton 4s

Forgot to mention before: Replaced my diff fluid (or lack of it) with 15,000 rear/40,000 front. Kept the 500,000 centre, but had to top it up.

Stock is fine but I changed the center diff to 1m and I noticed a difference for the better. I didn't touch the front and rear yet. Not too mention from the factory the center diff wasn't very full either. I also topped off the shocks with a heavier weight. The car performed much better imo. I didn't set the punch to max lol just below it. Max is 9 I set it to 8 lol. I might turn it down to 7. I didn't touch the timing tho. Love my Kraton 4s
500K to 1M in center diff - what effect does it give?

Back