Kraton 4s V2 center driveshaft issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasturbo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
The center driveshaft in my 4s has failed, specifically the rear section has twisted itself apart just ahead of the bearing support. I ordered replacement part ARA311065 and when I went to install I noticed it is visibly different and about an inch shorter than my old driveshaft. AR310881 fits into the new (wrong?) shaft but is not recessed into the shaft like it was on the old broken shaft.
I can't imagine my exploded view diagram that came with the car being wrong, but I have scoured it to my wits end. Am I missing something critical here?

Here are some photos.
I did get 4 pieces. The rear section, a short front section, a long front section, and a spring.

4s1.jpg

4s2.jpg

Here are some photos.
I did get 4 pieces. The rear section, a short front section, a long front section, and a spring.

View attachment 310364

View attachment 310365
Your driveshaft is supposed to look like this. Yours has welded the two pieces together.
16889199109495775288299415074067.jpg
16889199392372198314432119542217.jpg

The center driveshaft in my 4s has failed, specifically the rear section has twisted itself apart just ahead of the bearing support. I ordered replacement part ARA311065 and when I went to install I noticed it is visibly different and about an inch shorter than my old driveshaft. AR310881 fits into the new (wrong?) shaft but is not recessed into the shaft like it was on the old broken shaft.
I can't imagine my exploded view diagram that came with the car being wrong, but I have scoured it to my wits end. Am I missing something critical here?
If your running where sticks,wood chips small rocks all over. Check your truck from time to time to make sure nothing has wedged itself in the center driveshaft. That will grind down the driveshaft and cause that break.
If your running where sticks,wood chips small rocks all over. Check your truck from time to time to make sure nothing has wedged itself in the center driveshaft. That will grind down the driveshaft and cause that break.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that the tail of the rear section was in fact 2 different pieces. I was able to separate it. Final question, when I place the "sheath" up against the new shaft, it doesn't snap into place. There's no lip for it to ride on on the new piece. Is this okay?

4s3.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back