Kraton Kraton 6S EXB front dif help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggreen_57

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
Hey guys I need a little help. I have a Kraton 6S EXB and I took the front dif out to change out the fluid to something heavier. The bearing on the ring gear side has a shim on it. I changed out the fluid and everything and was attempting the put the dif back into the housing. My question is, does the shim sit on top of the bearing inside the housing or outside? When I was putting the dif back in the shim slid out and I attempted to push in back in of course bending it. Do I just need to put my thumb on it and keep it in place and push the dif back in? Thanks for the help.

Yup the shim goes next to the bearing just take it easy

My question is, does the shim sit on top of the bearing inside the housing or outside? When I was putting the dif back in the shim slid out and I attempted to push in back in of course bending it. Do I just need to put my thumb on it and keep it in place and push the dif back in?
Yes, it rides between the bearing and the housing. They can be a bit fiddly, I’ve bent more than I care to admit. Just be patient, you’ll get it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back