Kraton Kraton 6s EXB Mystery E-Clip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllTheCommotion

Reaction score
I unboxed my new Kraton 6s EXB RTR and was putting the wheels/tires on. I then moved it aside and found this under it. I scoured the exploded parts diagram and the only similar clip I could find was on the motor shaft for the pinion. Which is still in
place so I know that's not it. Could be from another project, but I don't remember seeing it there before working on the Kraton.
Does anyone have any ideas of where else I should check?
Thanks in advance!
1000004274.jpg

I unboxed my new Kraton 6s EXB RTR and was putting the wheels/tires on. I then moved it aside and found this under it. I scoured the exploded parts diagram and the only similar clip I could find was on the motor shaft for the pinion. Which is still in
place so I know that's not it. Could be from another project, but I don't remember seeing it there before working on the Kraton.
Does anyone have any ideas of where else I should check?
Thanks in advance!
View attachment 363238
Could very well be an extra that popped off the pinion they couldn't find so they put another one on and you happened to find it 😂

Could very well be an extra that popped off the pinion they couldn't find so they put another one on and you happened to find it 😂
That's way too small to be the e clip from the pinion. That would fit inside the pinion e-clip with room to spare.

These cars are assembled in a factory that also assembles other vehicles for other companies that is likely from a completely different car.

That's way too small to be the e clip from the pinion. That would fit inside the pinion e-clip with room to spare.

These cars are assembled in a factory that also assembles other vehicles for other companies that is likely from a completely different car.
Yeah it looks smaller than the shaft E-Clip after looking. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in the diagram. Really excited to run it, but don't want to to worry about loosing a pin or something on my first outing because I missed where it should go.

Yeah it looks smaller than the shaft E-Clip after looking. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in the diagram. Really excited to run it, but don't want to to worry about loosing a pin or something on my first outing because I missed where it should go.
The pinion is the only thing held on via e clip.

Same difference 😂 point being I see it all the time on John deere equipment fresh from the assembly line, extra bolts, nuts, etc here and there with everything else being where it's supposed to be

Same difference 😂 point being I see it all the time on John deere equipment fresh from the assembly line, extra bolts, nuts, etc here and there with everything else being where it's supposed to be
There's no time on an assembly line to look for a lost fastener, so they just out in another one. It makes perfect sense.

Back