Kraton Kraton 6s first run 4s battery vs 6s and throttle down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your concerned about learning to drive with too much power, but don't want to buy 4s then a 6s battery, you could just buy the 6s and turn down the punch setting and watch your speed. Punch setting changes the initial power hit but not the max speed. If the Kraton is the current model and comes with the Spektrum Tx it will also have a throttle limiter dial on the controller you can use to restrict the throttle.

If budget is not an issue buy the 4s first.

Last edited:
You can go either way your choice. If you have experience driving fast RCs, go 6s, if not 4s would be wise. You could by both, 4s is still fun, espically in smaller/tighter areas.

If your concerned about learning to drive with too much power, but don't want to buy 4s then a 6s battery, you could just buy the 6s and turn down the punch setting and watch your speed. Punch setting changes the initial power hit but not the max speed. If the Kraton is the current model and comes with the Spektrum Tx it will also have a throttle limiter dial on the controller you can use to restrict the throttle.

If budget is not an issue buy the 4s first.

Lol. Do not use the throttle limiter dial on the stx2.

4S with a16t pinion makes a good all around vehicle with plenty of punch and speed. 6S is a whole new level, rarely do you get to pull the trigger all the way.

Like someone above said, lower the punch if stock setting is too much and go with 6S. It’s really not that hard to control it if you’re smart and attentive to throttle control.

The thing with 4S is that once you go with 6S you’ll never want to use that pack until you buy a K8S because it’s SSSLLLOOOOOWWWWW compared to 6S. It will just be a waste of money.

Edit - my 9 year old daughter has no problems with 6S as long as she drives it in somewhat of an open area.

Pro-tip (lol) - don’t try to learn to drive 6S in a parking lot!

I ended up getting 2 6s packs. I'm pretty sure throttle control is the key. Worse comes to worse i can drop it to 75%

I'm sure you will be fine.. its really not that crazy as long as you have some dexterity in your trigger finger and don't treat it like a button. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back