Kraton Kraton 6s front bumper screw sheared off. Cannot remove suspension mount.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianMich

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just purchased a new Kraton and hit a rock head on. The stock bumper sheared one of the mounting screws and I am not able to remove the suspension mount to get the remaining screw out of the bulkhead. What is the trick to getting that suspension mount off there? The other screw was bent very badly and was not easy to remove so I assume the sheared screw is also bent. It does not appear that the hinge pin is bent at all. I just simply cannot get the one side of the suspension mount to budge. Do I need to drill this thing out completely? I have loosened the screws in the chassis as well and removed the shocks so there is no tension on the hinge pins. Anyone able to help me out on this please? Thank you!

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

There shouldn’t be anything holding it. Maybe it bent and is now grabbing onto the screw threads?

In either case, I think the right answer is to use more force. Pry it off however you can.

Use a pair of pliers and get a good grip on that red retaining bar, just pull & wiggle it off.
You may need to put in some extra elbow grease.

Use a pair of pliers and get a good grip on that red retaining bar, just pull & wiggle it off.
You may need to put in some extra elbow grease.
A flat head screwdriver behind it might help as well.

Thanks everyone. I tried all your suggestions and aside from trying my atv winch, I have had no luck! Guess I better tie the winch to it! Haha

Thanks everyone. I tried all your suggestions and aside from trying my atv winch, I have had no luck! Guess I better tie the winch to it! Haha

One last ditch effort..
Buy or borrow a U-type tack puller and wedge it against the side of the hinge bar on either side of the red bar and see if you can "motivate" it loose.

1682121907938.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back