Kraton Kraton 6s Upgrades and Crazy Behaviors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemedic

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello! I first want to express my gratitude with the help and recommendations you all have offered after smoking my kids Kraton into a brick mailbox. The issue now is on yesterday inaugural test on the street, it launches hard out of the hole of about 20', then the battery side front torques up amd the car does a horizontal throwing star spin. If I don't go ball to the wall it drives great, bit anything full throttle on pavement launches into a right.spin. in the grass it handles really well with the occasional sharp turn cartwheel. The steering seems a bit more aggressive with any sharp turn on pavement causes a cartwheel flip. Now the only change despite rebuilding the front and rear gobox with stock gears is I'm running 20K in both per hobby shop recommendations. The center diff is a new Fireteam diff with 200K oil. I topped the oil in all tue drives to be sure they're fill. Baffled. The stock setup of 10K 100K amd 10K never made spin out on throttle. Thoughts and ideas?

I will assume your 6s is all stock for the most part or is it not?
( except for the center FT diff) I run 500k in most of my 6s rigs. ( using RTR standard open diffs) The stock metal FT diff comes with 300k out the box, FWIW.
I run 60K Front and 20-30k Rear. My Fireteam I do run 700k +/- at the center. The rig will liven up and get more power transfer.
If a heavy unskilled throttle finger is part of the problem, absolutely drop your ESC Punch setting lower.
I would make sure wheel alignment is perfect, Out the box they never are. Maybe a crash even tweaked it. Never ignore the wheel alignment after crashes. Are you still using the stock under powered servo?
Have you added shims to the Servo saver? To firm up the steering better. ( sounds like this is what to focus on also) Also make sure the 4 Pivot balls are not binding up and tight. Steering is greatly affected from this. The PB's can get all dirty and fouled up, need a cleaning and adjustment regularly.
Even a Failing Front or Rear diff can cause sudden steering/darting issues.
Or even a bad wheel will do this.
Some ideas for you.
Good luck. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back