Kraton Kraton 6s v4 upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Kraton 6s
I just got into the hobby and got a kraton 6s v4 and I want to make a beast that is longer stronger and overall just a beast of a car but I don't know where to start I'm in highschool and my budget is around 1k so if you have any ideas or suggestions I will definitely reach back

I just got into the hobby and got a kraton 6s v4 and I want to make a beast that is longer stronger and overall just a beast of a car but I don't know where to start I'm in highschool and my budget is around 1k so if you have any ideas or suggestions I will definitely reach back

First of all..
How's its current condition?
Pics..

Anything busted??

If nothing is busted up at the moment..
Would advise you hold off on all the upgrades until you gain some more experience running the Kraton.
It's Fast enough (on 6S power) for novice.. let alone complete newbies.

Try it out in stock form and get a good feel of its performance characteristics first..

Otherwise you will burn right through $1K easy.

Let me know if you want to see proof.

Longer AND stronger will likely need an aftermarket chassis. Such as FT/Mojave aftermarket chassis.

...and longer dogbones.

To the OP: Why do you want to make it longer? The Kraton is quite an amazing truck as it is. If you are just getting in the hobby, I'd recommend first buying good tools, then upgrading whatever is broken or you feel like upgrading, starting with chassis braces, Ackerman plate, shock towers, chassis, etc. Keep in mind also that you will break stuff all the time, so that 1 k$ is likely to be needed for repairs and spare parts. As @Tex Koder mentionned above. Pics of the RC's current condition would help.

You will have already so much to learn in terms of wrenching, diff tuning, I think you may be skipping a couple of steps by going for a stretched Kraton and other big upgrades right away. I am not judging you at all though. Dumping a lot of money on a Kraton 6S is exactly what I did when I bought mine a few years ago. It was a lot of fun, but it wasn't smart. You could go crazy if money was no object, but with a budget of 1k$, I'd recommend planning the "big picture", not just the cool and shiny upgrades.

That being said, you can go check out my K6S V4 build thread if you want some inspiration. :)

Agreed☝️
I recommend getting it, assessing, and get it to good running condition if it's not already. Take some time enjoying and learning about it first.
I know, I sound like an old fart who doesn't get it.. I do, trust me. You'll have a better experience starting stock, or close to it. Upgrade what breaks, it'll save you in the long game.

First of all..
How's its current condition?
Pics..

Anything busted??
No it's good here
1000001038.jpg

It already has rpm

No it's good here View attachment 337803
It already has rpm

Hows the internals looking?

From the outside the rig looks ready to Rock!
I would advise that you enjoy Bashing it ,as is.
(Not in the cold weather)
Overall you should have a Blast ripping it around first before spending your hard earned money.

Yes, seeing under the body would help.

From what we can see, the body, tires, A-Arms, links and wing have been changed already. This suggests this Kraton has probably been well used. Note that this is not a problem if it has been well maintained. Your probably better off with a old but well tuned and maintained rig than with a beaten up rig that has been ran without being properly setup.

The first thing I would check are the oil levels in the diffs and shocks, as well as the gear mesh. Look also for excessive play in the suspensions and steering assembly. This will give you a good idea if the previous owner has maintained the RC as needed. The straightness of the chassis, shock towers and hinge pins will be important to check as well. I doubt they are the original chassis and towers if so much other stuff has been changed already.

Yes, seeing under the body would help.

From what we can see, the body, tires, A-Arms, links and wing have been changed already. This suggests this Kraton has probably been well used. Note that this is not a problem if it has been well maintained. Your probably better off with a old but well tuned and maintained rig than with a beaten up rig that has been ran without being properly setup.

The first thing I would check are the oil levels in the diffs and shocks, as well as the gear mesh. Look also for excessive play in the suspensions and steering assembly. This will give you a good idea if the previous owner has maintained the RC as needed. The straightness of the chassis, shock towers and hinge pins will be important to check as well. I doubt they are the original chassis and towers if so much other stuff has been changed already.
So from what i seen the suspension is good and when i got it the mesh was not the best so i took it to hobby town to change it up but through driving it on just 3s she seems fine im just waiting for more batts to come i just had this 3s lying around from my big rock
Also can someone tell me what shimming your gears mean?

Hows the internals looking?

From the outside the rig looks ready to Rock!
I would advise that you enjoy Bashing it ,as is.
(Not in the cold weather)
Overall you should have a Blast ripping it around first before spending your hard earned money.
Right when i get home i can totally get you those pics i know i do not know much but the everything looks good here

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back