Kraton Kraton 6S V4 or v5????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhatEd

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
New here so first of all “Hi!”.

New to the RC world and having just upgraded my sons FTX Carnage to brushless, I’m looking to get myself a Kraton 6S. I’m aware of all of the upgrades that were done on the v5, but I’m wondering what people’s opinion is on whether the v5 is worth the extra £100 over the V4? I’m happy to spend the extra upfront if it means I’m not going to be replacing parts straight away, but just wondered what people’s thoughts are?

Thanks!

Ah ok. Is the SLT3 radio a good upgrade over the STX2?
Every Arrma I had , I took out the STX2 right when it came out the box and put in my own radios . Wouldn't trust driving on it !!! Absolutely V5 just for that , unless you had an extra radio and got a great deal on a V4 .

Every Arrma I had , I took out the STX2 right when it came out the box and put in my own radios . Wouldn't trust driving on it !!! Absolutely V5 just for that , unless you had an extra radio and got a great deal on a V4 .
I have got a spare radio and receiver but it’s much worse than anything supplied by Arrma lol. So it seems the v5 is worth it for radio gear alone.

Whats the thoughts on Firma ESC and motor over the BLX stuff?

Ah ok. Is the SLT3 radio a good upgrade over the STX2?
Its better than the STX2, but heard people are still having range and latency issues with them although some don't have them issues.

I have got a spare radio and receiver but it’s much worse than anything supplied by Arrma lol. So it seems the v5 is worth it for radio gear alone.

Whats the thoughts on Firma ESC and motor over the BLX stuff?
Honestly . I don't have enough seat time on the new Firma , but can tell you in all (8) 6S Arrmas ( V3 + V4's ) I've had I have never lost a BLX ESC or motor . Now 3 weeks ago brought my friend to my LHS and they picked up a K6S V5 for his 10 year old son and has not stopped using it ( beating it ) and has only broke a rear wing . And that's on a 6500mah 150c 6s battery !!! My friend says he's had to use it at least 30 times already .

Honestly . I don't have enough seat time on the new Firma , but can tell you in all (8) 6S Arrmas ( V3 + V4's ) I've had I have never lost a BLX ESC or motor . Now 3 weeks ago brought my friend to my LHS and they picked up a K6S V5 for his 10 year old son and has not stopped using it ( beating it ) and has only broke a rear wing . And that's on a 6500mah 150c 6s battery !!! My friend says he's had to use it at least 30 times already .
That says a lot for the BLX kit. Seems it’s rock solid!

For a $20 difference. V5 for sure. There are some other upgrades besides a better radio.

That seems like a crazy high difference. Is the V4 used? Are these prices from a reputable source?
Nah it's new not used. Reputable hobby shop selling the V4 for £479.99. Seems the V5 is £589 most places.

Nah it's new not used. Reputable hobby shop selling the V4 for £479.99. Seems the V5 is £589 most places.

If that is the reality I would go with the V4 and order a DumboRC X6A radio from Banggood. I paid $40 Canadian delivered for mine that I run in my Notorious V4. For that price difference you can get some sweet ScorchedRC upgrades or other bits from UK based companies.

FBDF9D1C-A3EF-4696-8C09-F8F1848A2E98.jpeg

Its better than the STX2, but heard people are still having range and latency issues with them although some don't have them issues.

About that, I wonder if the issues are related to the dual protocol feature. Do you know if the issues are mainly with the SR315 receiver in the 6S line or the SLR300 receiver in the 3S line?

My son has no issues with the SLT3 on his Granite.

V4 with an upgraded radio, dumbo will do just fine and cheap. Then you can spend the other 60 on towers or something that you’d be replacing weather you got a V5 or v4.. towers were one of the first things I tweaked when I was new to the crazy 6s speed and didn’t know what I was doing 😂🤣... towers and wing mounts!

welcome to the hobby and to the forum! Hope you enjoy it!

About that, I wonder if the issues are related to the dual protocol feature. Do you know if the issues are mainly with the SR315 receiver in the 6S line or the SLR300 receiver in the 3S line?

My son has no issues with the SLT3 on his Granite.

I have only see guys having issues with the radio on the 3s models that use the SLT receiver seems to work fine for the 6s guys running the DSMR receivers.
V4 with an upgraded radio, dumbo will do just fine and cheap. Then you can spend the other 60 on towers or something that you’d be replacing weather you got a V5 or v4.. towers were one of the first things I tweaked when I was new to the crazy 6s speed and didn’t know what I was doing 😂🤣... towers and wing mounts!

He will also need bearings as the V4 just uses metal shielded bearings so there's another $20.

I don’t bash crazy hard but I have not bent a tower yet. Maybe wing mount? Look for a stronger Ackerman plate.

The EXB is a tough rig, I would not spend much in upgrades until you break something. Buy some drywall mesh and shoe goo and strengthen the body. 👍

I don’t bash crazy hard but I have not bent a tower yet. Maybe wing mount? Look for a stronger Ackerman plate.

The EXB is a tough rig, I would not spend much in upgrades until you break something. Buy some drywall mesh and shoe goo and strengthen the body. 👍
He was talking about v4 vs V5... I’d say the exb towers are a fair bit stronger than RTR.. and wouldn’t say to replace those right away. If you’ve never bent a tower your not bashing lol

He was talking about v4 vs V5... I’d say the exb towers are a fair bit stronger than RTR.. and wouldn’t say to replace those right away. If you’ve never bent a tower your not bashing lol

The EXB was a Christmas present for my son, and we are currently deep in snow. Only my Notorious has been bashed much and it doesn’t have exposed towers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back