Kraton Kraton 6s V5 Front Upper Arm RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qtip

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
This piece snapped off of the car when I was trying to replace the front upper arm with RPM. Does anyone know what this part is called? or a solution to this issue? The dog bone kept coming out, so I opened the arm via the pin again, and that's when this part snapped off. With this modification, it seemed like I was unable to fit the dog bone all the way in. So it kept coming out.
Kraton 6s V5
58af1a43-cfef-4d17-85d0-ccf9bff5224a.jpg

Not sure what "mod" your talking about, but that part is the front-upper-rear hinge pin support.
https://m2cracing.net/cars-and-trucks/498-m2c-3114-arrma-6s-upper-hinge-pin-block-kit.html

Can't recall what one I have in mine... think it's voltage racing.

I'm assuming that will fit a v5 Kraton... says it won't fit an exb though.
Thank you for that info. I opened the link, and it seems like this is a different part. By 'mod', i just meant replacing stock upper arm with rpm arm

Look at an aluminum upgrade for all of the hinge pin blocks, CRCU, m2c, voltage or hot racing in a pinch.

As said above it's your front upper rear hinge pin block. Also I had issue with the RPM arms and front driveshaft popping out on hard impacts, take all the spacers off the ends where the pillow balls screw in and if it still happens you need to sand or shave some of the arm away at the same spot to prevent it or go back to stock front arms.

As said above it's your front upper rear hinge pin block. Also I had issue with the RPM arms and front driveshaft popping out on hard impacts, take all the spacers off the ends where the pillow balls screw in and if it still happens you need to sand or shave some of the arm away at the same spot to prevent it or go back to stock front arms.
Gotcha. Thank you so much i will look online for the part.

Gotcha. Thank you so much i will look online for the part.
If you go with aluminum look at justbashitrc, m2c, even hot racing but DO NOT ORDER VOLTAGE!! They have absolutely zero customer service, false advertise products are in stock, take weeks to process orders and do not respond at all to any customer.

If you go with aluminum look at justbashitrc, m2c, even hot racing but DO NOT ORDER VOLTAGE!! They have absolutely zero customer service, false advertise products are in stock, take weeks to process orders and do not respond at all to any customer.
I like the Hot Racing hinge pin retainers, they have set screws to hold the hinge pins in place. I have no experience with the JBI ones and the M2C ones looks really nice.

I've only used some gpm lower fronts and honestly they have held up just fine for being I think $20 for the set. I'd like M2C or CRCU, JBI but I can't see paying over $100 for a full set to me it's just way to expensive. Honestly I've only broke a couple stock here and there but that's also with breaking gearbox's and really bad breakages. What do the Hot Racing run a set as about the only other upgrade for my K6s or Noto is the blocks so will be looking at those next.

I've only used some gpm lower fronts and honestly they have held up just fine for being I think $20 for the set. I'd like M2C or CRCU, JBI but I can't see paying over $100 for a full set to me it's just way to expensive. Honestly I've only broke a couple stock here and there but that's also with breaking gearbox's and really bad breakages. What do the Hot Racing run a set as about the only other upgrade for my K6s or Noto is the blocks so will be looking at those next.
The holes in my front upper mount kept getting stripped out and my upper hinge pins kept falling out so I initially bought the Voltage Hobbies one. Then I decided I wanted all of them to be aluminum after breaking 2 rear front mounts back to back but Voltage was always out of stock so I got the Hot Racing ones instead. Each Hot Racing mount was $18.88, iirc the Voltage one was around $20-22.
I went a bit cray cray and deanodized all my aluminum stuff.
15589995105913000471699028373689.jpg

I too was in that boat, with almost a year of not getting my order. The owner apparently had some shady people working with him and he is finally getting it back on track. He sent me my order plus a discount a while back so i ordered the center braces for my speed talion from him. They have already shipped too. I don't consider them any better than hot racing by far still, but a step up from plastic. This talion is going with a lightweight m2c chassis and carbon fiber basherqueen parts so i wanted a little more protection without the added weight. CRCU are my favorite, and m2c are a close second.

I like the Hot Racing hinge pin retainers, they have set screws to hold the hinge pins in place. I have no experience with the JBI ones and the M2C ones looks really nice.
Do you think you can send me a link? Id really appreciate it. I feel like i cant just replace the one small part, and might need a big part

Do you think you can send me a link? Id really appreciate it. I feel like i cant just replace the one small part, and might need a big part
Looking at m2c's block it says it won't fit the exb model. Not sure if there is much different in that area between the v5 and the exb. Makes me wonder if the others would fit it as well. I'd think so though. I don't see the hot racing one in stock anywhere and Just bash it has 4 of these left.

https://justbashitrc.com/shop/crcu-ar-562-fr-u-hinge-pin-holder-arrma-6s/

Edit, looking at the exb upper block i'd think if yours is plastic the just bash it one above would work.

The only ones that don't have grub screws are the front upper.
Front upper https://www.ebay.com/itm/193693474920?epid=5029604207&hash=item2d1907e068:g:g0gAAOSwcyxffMmB
Front lower front https://www.ebay.com/itm/193693497346?epid=4029596683&hash=item2d19083802:g:HBMAAOSwuwVfd1Kq
Front lower rear https://www.ebay.com/itm/233326193824?epid=2299742039&hash=item3653532ca0:g:GuwAAOSwVRpdZ-Dl
Rear front https://www.ebay.com/itm/193693464873?epid=13029598444&hash=item2d1907b929:g:2fsAAOSwdJlfd0u9
Rear rear is out of stock everywhere atm https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON09RR01;c=926 DO NOT BUY FROM ACTIVE POWER SPORTS, you will get your parts from Voltage long before you ever see anything from Active Power Sports.

That's sucks to hear. I just placed a 75$ order on Voltage yesterday after hearing only good things.

I hate this but is true unfortunately

That's sucks to hear. I just placed a 75$ order on Voltage yesterday after hearing only good things.
Good luck to ya, maybe you'll get lucky and he actually just made a bunch of parts but with the lag I had sure there's was more than me so don't be surprised if you get shipping label created and then nothing for the next two weeks

The holes in my front upper mount kept getting stripped out and my upper hinge pins kept falling out so I initially bought the Voltage Hobbies one. Then I decided I wanted all of them to be aluminum after breaking 2 rear front mounts back to back but Voltage was always out of stock so I got the Hot Racing ones instead. Each Hot Racing mount was $18.88, iirc the Voltage one was around $20-22.
I went a bit cray cray and deanodized all my aluminum stuff.
View attachment 145885
Are they more prone to rust now?

Back