Kraton Kraton 8s EXB Motor Selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What have folks experience been with Bandito X MFT tires? I find it easy to drift with them, but very difficult to pop wheelies with them.

I run a hobbystar 980kv. 30/39 xlx2 combo. Earplug the center. My most responsive setup. The 980 is a nice sweet spot. Torque of the 800 and the rpm of the 1100. Plus they don't cost an arm and a leg.

I to have several (4) 1/5 scale trucks and on stock motor ESC combination I normally run 25/47 and on the trucks that I have 1100 KV motors in I run 27/39. I live in Columbia South Carolina and it gets plenty hot and humid here. I do keep an eye on my temperatures under 150f. I’ve only had it thermal on me one time and that was because a stick got caught in my fan and I bashed two sets of 9200 mah batteries back to back.

I run a hobbystar 980kv. 30/39 xlx2 combo. Earplug the center. My most responsive setup. The 980 is a nice sweet spot. Torque of the 800 and the rpm of the 1100. Plus they don't cost an arm and a leg.

That hobby star 980kv really is a badass motor for the price. I’ve got one in my Outcast with a Max5 geared 30/39 and it’s an animal.

I run an Outcast 8s with castle 2028 1100kv on 32/39 gearing and it ripped the stock backflip tires loose from the rear wheels running on grass. It wheelies real well too. Does about 48mph top end and will wheelie at speed on demand. Never got above 129 f @ 86 ambient temp.

I run an Outcast 8s with castle 2028 1100kv on 32/39 gearing and it ripped the stock backflip tires loose from the rear wheels running on grass. It wheelies real well too. Does about 48mph top end and will wheelie at speed on demand. Never got above 129 f @ 86 ambient temp.
You're definitely faster than 48 mph with that setup. I have the same in my k8s geared 31/39 and it's definitely capable of hitting at least 60+ mph 🤣

You're definitely faster than 48 mph with that setup. I have the same in my k8s geared 31/39 and it's definitely capable of hitting at least 60+ mph 🤣
Right now I can't keep the front wheels on the ground @ full throttle to max it out. Still need to tweak it a bit. Have punch set at 20%. Ordered belted tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back