Kraton 8s no throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKraton8s

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just received my brand new Kraton8s last night with 2 4s 5000mAh Smart batteries. After about 3min of driving, the throttle turns off but the tires still respond to the controller(DX3). I charged the batteries again which were already around 91%, again the truck ran great for around 4min and then throttle just stopped responding but steering still responded. Blinking red light when i take the body off. Only around 20° here so doubt it was even getting a chance to get too hot.This is my first Arrma truck I had all Traxxas in the past. Could there be something I missed in the beginning stages of set up possibly? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sounds like your esc/motor maybe got to hot so went into automatic cut off to prevent overheating. Try driving slowly so you don’t overheat and if it stays running for more than 5 mins you’ll know that was the issue.

But too hot after only less than 5min. in 15° weather? Just took it out again and drove slowly and it drove good for around 5min. I came to a complete stop and nudged the TH trim dial which I'm assuming is Throttle trim dial and it happened again front wheels turn with remote but no throttle, took body of and a constant red light.

Have you tried new batteries?
No those were the only 2 I have, they came with the Smart charger. Brand new out the box from last night. But wouldn't fans, truck and steering be off if batteries were dead? Or are you referring to something else being wrong with the batteries.

Just went out and drove again. This time got less than 2 min. driving time (slow/med.) I did not touch any knobs while driving. Took body off and had a slow blinking red light this time. This time while driving the 4 green lights on the radio started blinking a few times.

Would try different batteries if possible. Have you tried recalibrating the esc and reset the transmitter/receiver? Maybe esc is not seeing correct positions from transmitter.

Would try different batteries if possible. Have you tried recalibrating the esc and reset the transmitter/receiver? Maybe esc is not seeing correct positions from transmitter.
I'm re reading over the instruction manual now to see if there's something I may have overlooked while setting it up. Do you know of a video or link that would help with recalibrating the ESC, reciever/transm.?

Anyone know where the bind button is? Are they referring to the bind button on the radio?

Yes pg.10 is what I've been reading, do I have to remove the fan or something? The only bind button I see is on the radio. Is another button possibly hidden under the fan?

you will need to remove the top cover of the receiver box; the esc is mounted on top of the receiver box.

you should not have to remove the whole combo unit just the top cover of the receiver box with esc still mounted.

Steady flashing Red means LVC. Flashing Green is Thermal Cut off.
5000mah may be too low a capacity. Those Lipos may not be the best match for that 30 pound rig. I would check the ESC parameters pertaining to Lipo cut off volt settings.
Also depending how cold it is there, Lipo's tend to reduce voltage output as they freeze up. Causing a quicker LVC perhaps.
Just some food for thought....

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back