Kraton 8s Rear Driveshaft Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u189961

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hi Everyone,

I noticed today that the rear driveshaft has a slight bend to it, saw it when I was cleaning her up and was rolling it forward. I've only taken her out 2 times, no crashes or flips, it does have a 23t pinion and punch at 5. Maybe I'll go easy on hard accelerations on asphalt, too much torque and grip causing it to bend?

I already ordered a replacement but was wondering of the easiest way to remove the rear driveshaft? I couldn't find any videos, mostly diff rebuilds. It seems I would have to undo the rear diff cover, pull the diff out, remove large C clip towards to the front of the rear diff and pull the rear driveshaft through the exposed rear diff area? Or would I have to remove the entire center diff assembly ?

Thank you!

there are some videos out there but to do what you describe in your last paragraph is correct, .......except there’s no need to remove the Center diff.
ps.
my rear Center shaft was bent slightly out of the box. I am still running it until I change the F/R diffs which will be soon. I figured the bend was within limits, more of a slight bow to be honest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back