Kraton 8s v3 coming soon? Outcast 8s v2 coming soon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorruss

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I heard that there is a new version of the kraton 8s v3 coming soon? What about the outcast 8s v2? Debating on buying both of them when they released does anybody know when that will be?

Hey guys I heard that there is a new version of the kraton 8s v3 coming soon? What about the outcast 8s v2? Debating on buying both of them when they released does anybody know when that will be?
Arrma and HH seem to be pretty tight lipped about future releases. It seems the sign is usually when a model gets discontinued....a new model shows up soon after. I remember hearing about the new 4s lineup 4+ months previously to them showing up. So I figure a spring 23 release for new 8s cars at minimum. I'd love to be proven wrong though. I'm sure when they do, it's because they are doing alot of testing with em. Hopefully they listened to us and beefed up the diffs and outdrives significantly.

Arrma and HH seem to be pretty tight lipped about future releases. It seems the sign is usually when a model gets discontinued....a new model shows up soon after. I remember hearing about the new 4s lineup 4+ months previously to them showing up. So I figure a spring 23 release for new 8s cars at minimum. I'd love to be proven wrong though. I'm sure when they do, it's because they are doing alot of testing with em. Hopefully they listened to us and beefed up the diffs and outdrives significantly.
I heard that the BLX platform will get exb parts like namely the chassis the shocks the front bumper and the steering belt crank. If this is true I'll wait till next year for sure. I've noticed Parts like the differentials and gears are the same between those two platforms based on part numbers. Also the center chassis supports or the same part numbers. I heard the new exb will have true 7075 T6 aluminum chassis and bigger shock shafts. I hope this is true!!

I heard that the BLX platform will get exb parts like namely the chassis the shocks the front bumper and the steering belt crank. If this is true I'll wait till next year for sure. I've noticed Parts like the differentials and gears are the same between those two platforms based on part numbers. Also the center chassis supports or the same part numbers. I heard the new exb will have true 7075 T6 aluminum chassis and bigger shock shafts. I hope this is true!!
In stock form, for what Arrma had in mind bashing wise, they are fine, unfortunately the testers are not doing rcdude and duperbash type testing. When everyone sees what these guys are doing, everyone wants in on big the big send madness. I don't think Arrma had this level in mind when they engineered the trucks as a whole. Hopefully they realize that and take it into consideration. Overall, if they rework their formula with the plastics they use for their arms to make them more plyable like rpm arms, but in their design, it'd be a win win. Likewise with the diff housings making them out of harder plastic and using bigger coarser threads to help the pulling out problems they have, along with just bigger sized diffs using 4mm bolts with 6+mm outdrives with 5mm pins would solve alot of problems and not have a total rework of the whole platform. This would eliminate having to go to heavier alloy units. I have the O8 exb, and I haven't had any issues with the shock shafts so far, so maybe just upping the size a mm would be good also. I know that some have issues with the servo layout and design, but save from a radical redesign like the vitavon unit wouldn't be worth it, but just improving things using bigger bolts would help. As far as the links and the slop in them go, I can live with it, maybe harder plastics again to keep them from rounding out. Captured sterring end links would be an easy upgrade in the steering robustness also. As far as the chassis goes...definitely going to a harder thicker 7075 would be great. Not asking for M2C levels, but someting better than the big piece of cooked fetucini these guys ride on now. Overall up the sizes of bolts where you can by a MM would help also. Also power wise, if they used their in house 1100 motor it would be a better seller.If they did all these things, I think paying near 1k for an rtr in this configuration would be worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back