Kagama XTR coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on buying a Kagama next payday. I think I'll hold off for a bit....
Idk man, Corally moves pretty slow. Might be more than a bit. IMO they don't need to make an XTR Kagama, you can pick up 7075 or carbon tower upgrades. Either way, now or later, your gonna like it

They've always undercut Arrma a little bit, but the $700 Kraton EXB is going to be awfully hard to undercut.

Interesting that they would put out a Kagama XTR. I almost felt bad for TC.. they came out with the Kagama, which really closed the gap to Arrma's K6. Then Arrma dropped the hammer with the RTR EXB and gapped TC again.. not because the K6 is RTR, but with the aluminum gearboxes and updated bracing, and better plastics than TC ..(IMO) I suppose the new Kagama XTR might very well include aluminum gearboxes since TC already makes them, but the Kagama chassis is already 7075 now, I don't think the shock towers are though. If I were interested in a Kagama, I don't think I'd be worried about waiting, right now the Kagama is quite cheap to buy, upgrades are very available, and I don't imagine there will be much more than beefed up shock towers and aluminum gearboxes on the XTR.. of course, I have no crystal ball though.

I don’t think the Kagama chassis is 7075, is it?

I just did a bit of searching. Arrma is getting $100 each for their aluminum gearboxes, TC is at $66 each for theirs..
Arrma rear tower, $60. Front tower $50, both 7075.
TC rear $59. Front $43, both 7075 upgrades, 6mm thick. These are TC upgrade parts, not include on the stock Kagama currently. But price isn't bad.
Not sure what the thickness is on the Arrma EXB towers these days?

I don’t think the Kagama chassis is 7075, is it?
https://rchobbyexplosion.com/team-corally-aluminum-7075-lwb-chassis-for-kagama-xp-c-00180-944/

https://jennysrc.com/collections/co...hassis-black-aluminum-long-shogun-lwb-c-00474

Apparently, both say 7075, same part number.

Last edited:
Back