Seasonal discounts coming up soon? Prime Day any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Waiting on sales before I buy another 6s rig, anyone know if Arrma rigs get discounted on Amazon prime day? Also, HH had their "kickoff" sale last year starting the first week of October, is that normal? Waiting on deals before I buy, lol.

Last time they did a prime day a couple of months back, no Arrmas were on sale.

Good question. I'm rarely "aligned" to make any purchases when prime days roll out.. however, I have spent a bit of time looking at stuff during prime days and never saw anything that jumped out at me as a deal. Seems like a black friday kinda scam..slowly jack prices for a month or two only to drop it to regular price for a "black friday sale". I know I'm just a ray of sunshine..😂😂

Last edited:
Prime Day is nowhere near as good as it used to be, IMO. There used to be some pretty killer deals, now it's like $4 off here, maybe $8 off there. YMMV, but that's just my opinion. Your best bet would probably be Black Friday and all the other real holiday sales.

HH started almost giving Mojave EXB rollers away the first week of October last year and they had a month long kickoff with several good deals that changed every few days. Was hoping either HH would start their holiday deals or maybe prime day would have some deals, I really haven't paid much attention to prime day before so may not have missed anything there.
Hoping for some of those early deals, just can't bring myself to pay the normal price for a new rig when the odds are high it will go on sale in the next 4-8 weeks.

HH started almost giving Mojave EXB rollers away the first week of October last year and they had a month long kickoff with several good deals that changed every few days. Was hoping either HH would start their holiday deals or maybe prime day would have some deals, I really haven't paid much attention to prime day before so may not have missed anything there.
Hoping for some of those early deals, just can't bring myself to pay the normal price for a new rig when the odds are high it will go on sale in the next 4-8 weeks.
I'm rooting for some good deals too! Lord knows with the cost of everything else gone mad, we need a break!!🤞🍻

Prime Day is nowhere near as good as it used to be, IMO. There used to be some pretty killer deals, now it's like $4 off here, maybe $8 off there. YMMV, but that's just my opinion. Your best bet would probably be Black Friday and all the other real holiday sales.
I get random specials on amazon. Like parts 60% off. 6s trucks for 15% off right now on amazon.ca

Waiting on sales before I buy another 6s rig, anyone know if Arrma rigs get discounted on Amazon prime day? Also, HH had their "kickoff" sale last year starting the first week of October, is that normal? Waiting on deals before I buy, lol.
What I recall you want to watch it the days before. The sales were actually better on the days prior to the real prime day.
Or it may have been the black Friday event, but either way just keep an eye on it.

Historically the prices went higher each day closer to the "special day". If it looks like a great deal jump on it.

What I've noticed generally go on sale on Prime specials are the China knockoff products. If you need a new Flysky remote/receiver or 9imod servo or CNHL battery, prime day deals can be pretty nice. If you need a new Arrma car, I'd wait for an actual Horizon sale. I'm gonna be on the lookout for some Flash Hobby or AGF coreless Dig servos for this sale.

What I've noticed generally go on sale on Prime specials are the China knockoff products. If you need a new Flysky remote/receiver or 9imod servo or CNHL battery, prime day deals can be pretty nice. If you need a new Arrma car, I'd wait for an actual Horizon sale. I'm gonna be on the lookout for some Flash Hobby or AGF coreless Dig servos for this sale.
Great point(s). May be the perfect opportunity to get little odds & ends to get some of my rigs back on the rig.

If you need a new Flysky remote/receiver or 9imod servo or CNHL battery, prime day deals can be pretty nice.
Well hell, I need a new Flysky receiver for the WR8 (want to run my Noble with this thing), two new servos for my WR8 and Kraton 4S, and I could use some CNHL race packs for my race buggy and WR8 lol.

Always something you could buy with these things! And of course if you don't buy it now you feel like you missed out after the price goes back up, knowing full well you'll need to get it eventually...

Last time they did a prime day a couple of months back, no Arrmas were on sale.
Depends if AMZ is selling their own Inventory of Arrma's, I imagine.
HH also sells on AMZ with their own AMZ "Store". But Usually AMZ buys out much of the overstock Arrma stuff that gets discontinued. i.e Roller Version of TLRT Typhon.

That aside >>>Ironically HH shows the Roller TLRT to be available again soon?? I don't get that.:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back