Well birthday is coming up soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It boils down to what you want to print.. bed size requirements, and material you want to use..

The new kobra 2 max has a large build plate, and input shaping at a decent price..

The ender 3 s1 pro is much smaller but very capable, with the added bonus of a 300c hot end..

No matter what you choose if you plan to print useful material the printer should be in an enclosure, a well insulated one at that ..

Really it will boil down to the size you want to print.. settings and environment make the print, the machines are basically all the same besides a few bells and whistles..

Been saying this for long time been wanting to get 3D printer and try it out. Need help!!

Are you a Hands-on Tinkering/Modding type?

Or do you prefer to have something that's Plug-n-Go kind of guy?

Are you a Hands-on Tinkering/Modding type?

Or do you prefer to have something that's Plug-n-Go kind of guy?
Let's be honest.. you can't have a 3d printer and not be a tinkerer.. it's going to clog eventually....🤣🤣🤣

Let's be honest.. you can't have a 3d printer and not be a tinkerer.. it's going to clog eventually....🤣🤣🤣

Absolutely True!
But that's what I'm trying to find out.. about @TRAT if he's capable and Willing..

Be honest don’t want to go all way out just in case it’s not my thing but start of with something decent reliable. And some what easy to learn.

I'd say then set your budget to ~$400

Creality Ender 3 S1 / Pro (this will be the minimum baseline)

Creality CR-10 SE

Elegoo Neptune 4 Pro
(I would have probably gotten this one IF it was available -had I known more about- when I had pulled the trigger on my new printer..)
The fact it has Klipper AND lots of handy Upgrades than my Ender 3S1..

I'd say then set your budget to ~$400

Creality Ender 3 S1 / Pro (this will be the minimum baseline)

Creality CR-10 SE

Elegoo Neptune 4 Pro
(I would have probably gotten this one IF it was available -had I known more about- when I had pulled the trigger on my new printer..)
The fact it has Klipper AND lots of handy Upgrades than my Ender 3S1..
Recommend the Elegoo Neptune 4? I look into those.

Recommend the Elegoo Neptune 4? I look into those.

Yes.
Neptune 4 Pro <<
Look into it ,for sure.

It's a strong performer.
Lots of Very Useful features that I wish I have!!!

The only other printer I would suggest -If you have more coin would be the Bambu Labs P1S with AMS.
For a cool $1,000

Last edited:
Yes.
Neptune 4 Pro <<
Look in it ,for sure.

It's a strong performer.
Lots of Very Useful features that I wish I have!!!

The only other printer I would suggest -If you have more coin would be the Bambu Labs P1S with AMS.
For a cool $1,000
Ok thanks yea I’m looking into the Neptune.
Appreciate your advice.. 👍

Neptune 4 pro is definitely a decent machine.. the klipper is the plus side of it.. for the money it's kind of a no brainer..

On the other hand the ender 3 s1 pro is capable of 300c on the hotend.. that opens up a bunch of filament possibilities with a simple enclosure.. and it's the same size build platform..

Something to keep in mind is end use.. PLA is pretty useless in the rc world.. great for mock ups and statue's, or no load parts, not to useful otherwise.. if your end use is rc related parts you definitely need to look forward to more in depth materials.. nylons, PC's, pctpe's, pa12's and the like..

The Neptune can print a few of these, but will struggle to do so on some of them..

All I'm saying is the s1 pro can do exotic's AND basic pla's..

Any way you get into printing is a positive, just be very aware there will be some decent learning curves on settings and what they do..

Scanners are great, but again huge learning curve, those scans must be sculpted in a mesh mixer of sorts.. I wouldn't rush into that just yet.. to much on the plate can lead you away from it..

I would start with the slicer, and design in a cad.. those will be the bread winners..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back