Kraton 8s Wing Alternatives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrma says don't just bash, blast but i keep blasting my wing off!

The terrain i have local is rough, bumpy, rutty destroyed construction landscapes. Because of the surfaces I deal with it is really easy to get the car to start tumbling even when just shooting around and not jumping anything. Now my 6s hates these ruts and you cant get any kind of speed. The 8s flys over them until it doesn't. Something will catch it and it starts flipping. Not to mention all my bad jump landings.

To the point, I can't keep a wing on my truck to save my life. the mount snaps off just under the wing or the sides of the wing snap off.

I want someone to engineer a wing that is made from something so it can flex a lot more, take a beating, hold form and absorb some off the impact of the roll.

So what if i cut up an old tire with a grinder, cut them into the shape of the mount and bolted them on. Then cut a rectangular piece of tire to make the wing and screwed it to the mount that is made of tire. Would that be to weak? Think it would help absorb some shock when I landed on it? It would certainly flex more and take a beating.

Or maybe just use a triangle shaped tire piece for the mount and screw an actual wing to it?

Any other options out there other then... get good?
So 2 runs. 3 batteries (one caught on fire). No wing damage running the Rpm wing mounts. I can twist the outcast wing about 2” either way. It hasn’t broken and I’m extremely impressed

620C451C-2238-4EB1-BFDB-A6FC99BF159A.jpeg

Last edited:

The terrain i have local is rough, bumpy, rutty destroyed construction landscapes. Because of the surfaces I deal with it is really easy to get the car to start tumbling even when just shooting around and not jumping anything. Now my 6s hates these ruts and you cant get any kind of speed. The 8s flys over them until it doesn't. Something will catch it and it starts flipping. Not to mention all my bad jump landings.

To the point, I can't keep a wing on my truck to save my life. the mount snaps off just under the wing or the sides of the wing snap off.

I want someone to engineer a wing that is made from something so it can flex a lot more, take a beating, hold form and absorb some off the impact of the roll.

So what if i cut up an old tire with a grinder, cut them into the shape of the mount and bolted them on. Then cut a rectangular piece of tire to make the wing and screwed it to the mount that is made of tire. Would that be to weak? Think it would help absorb some shock when I landed on it? It would certainly flex more and take a beating.

Or maybe just use a triangle shaped tire piece for the mount and screw an actual wing to it?

So 2 runs. 3 batteries (one caught on fire). No wing damage.

Last edited:

4 runs Rpm wing mount is twisted but not broken. Landed on it several times. Rpm wing mount outcast wing. I’m shocked it hasn’t broke and I’ve seriously tried to f it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back