Kraton Kraton ESC possible failure. Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CptnPewPew

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hey all,

My Kraton recently had it's stock ESC start blinking red and I'm getting no response. Tested multiple batteries to be sure. Pretty sure it's fried.

I play a lot in the snow here in CO, and I wash it with the hose. Curious if there's anything else I should try or just replace it. If so. What would you recommend I replace it with for a decent price that is actually waterproof and can take a beating. Don't want to break the bank, but curious about what you recommend for the Kraton 6s.

Thank you!

Hey all,

My Kraton recently had it's stock ESC start blinking red and I'm getting no response. Tested multiple batteries to be sure. Pretty sure it's fried.

I play a lot in the snow here in CO, and I wash it with the hose. Curious if there's anything else I should try or just replace it. If so. What would you recommend I replace it with for a decent price that is actually waterproof and can take a beating. Don't want to break the bank, but curious about what you recommend for the Kraton 6s.

Thank you!
I think you can kill any ESC if you continually get it wet.

I went with a Max6 in mine. I know people run the Hexfly equivalent which is cheaper. My biggest issue with the Max6 is the fan. They don't last long once you start sending it.

If you are staying with the stock motor, just warranty the BLX185 and be careful about where to spray that hose.

OK, So I looked more into the Max6 and it seems it only supports less than 1500kv motors. And the stock 6s V3 Kraton is 2050kv.......I am curious if that's OK or am I missing something. Pretty new to this and matching up new esc and motors and just want to make sure I make the right purchase today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back