Typhon Tyohon TLR roller electronic recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new roller and looking for electronics to make it a nice 80mph basher.

I was thinking about max8G2/4278/2250 combo.
I want the max6 G2 /4990/1650 combo but I don't think it will fit.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Max8 combo wouldn't be able to handle bashing with 80mph gearing.

Max6 combo fits just fine in the Typhon platform and could handle that gearing. Too heavy IMO, but it'll work.

I run an MMX6S and 1512 1800kv motor geared for mid 50s on 4S, and it is money. Super fun car. You could do the same thing with a Max8 and 4268 or 4278 motor.

+1.

Hopefully you are a good 80 mph bashing driver...;)
The TLRT is more delicate being a Race platform. Meant for 4s running on a track at 35 mph speeds, or bashed more conservatively, if you do. Maybe you know this already.
The TLRT adjustable hinge pin pill mounts are quite delicate. Love taps will get the best of them. Ask me how I know.
Govern yourself accordingly. The standard 6s Typhon doesn't have them.
But overall The TLRT is quite durable in other regards. Mainly its TLRT chassis and Towers.
Def. get alloy Fr and Rr chassis braces if don't do anything else, for bashing purposes. EXB ones or whatever. Since Typhons never came with a T2T brace.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip.

I was thinking max6 G2 and 4278/2250. Reason I like to go with max6 because of the Bluetooth / data log and 200amp but not sure if it will fit without modding the body.

Also forgot to mention this is only going to be on road basher.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip.

I was thinking max6 G2 and 4278/2250. Reason I like to go with max6 because of the Bluetooth / data log and 200amp but not sure if it will fit without modding the body.

Also forgot to mention this is only going to be on road basher.
Yeah the Max6 will fit without modifying the body. You'll only have to cut the plastic lip on the ESC mounting plate.

On-road bashing is harder on the electronics than off-road, so your 80mph gearing for a basher will be even more difficult. I bet that 4278 would burn up pretty quick.

I say that 2250kv may be a tad too of high kv for bashing. (6s) geared for 80mph. Just me. I run 2250 with my XR8 Plus sensored, but on 4s only. On 6s it did get hot. With a good Fan setup and all. Especially with the closed tight fitting Buggy body. On 4s I'm getting 58mph. 22/50. Plenty fast for me.

Hmmm what motor would you recommend to go with the max6 G2 same size as the 4278?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back