Kraton Kraton EXB / 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hey people!

So this is my Kraton EXB setup:

Motor & ESC:

MAX 8 G2 with a 4278SD 2250kV (Cooling by a rocket fan with 19.000 rpm @ 8,4v)

Lipos:

gens-ace-r-spam 8000mAh 11,1 V 100C (x2)

Servo:

Team Corally - CS-5245 HV Ultra High Torque Servo running at 8,4V (Speed 60°/Sec @ 8.4V: 0.10 Sec/60°) , which is great but especially with the adjustable Basherqueen servo saver :)

Diffs:

work in progress :LOL:

Suspension & transmission

RPM arms & GPM drive shafts @ rear.

Rest is more or less stock apart from M2C shock standoffs :cool:

IMG_20230218_121132.jpg

Lipos:

I didn't write that XD "gens-ace-r-spam" what the XD

Last edited:
Hey people!

So this is my Kraton EXB setup:

Motor & ESC:

MAX 8 G2 with a 4278SD 2250kV (Cooling by a rocket fan with 19.000 rpm @ 8,4v)

Lipos:

Servo:

Team Corally - CS-5245 HV Ultra High Torque Servo running at 8,4V (Speed 60°/Sec @ 8.4V: 0.10 Sec/60°) , which is great but especially with the adjustable Basherqueen servo saver :)

Diffs:

work in progress :LOL:

Suspension & transmission

RPM arms & GPM drive shafts @ rear.

Rest is more or less stock apart from M2C shock standoffs :cool:

View attachment 286125

I didn't write that XD "gens-ace-r-spam" what the XD
It wasn’t anything you did, It’s automatic through our language filter. 😀 I giggle every time it happens. If you want the reason I can dig up and old link that explains it.

Welcome to the forum and nice build 👍

It wasn’t anything you did, It’s automatic through our language filter. 😀 I giggle every time it happens. If you want the reason I can dig up and old link that explains it.

Welcome to the forum and nice build 👍
Yeah, I imagined someone with admin rights lost a super expensive build to a lipo fire XD
Welcome, nice rig!

Thanks & thanks man!

Yeah, I imagined someone with admin rights lost a super expensive build to a lipo fire XD

Thanks & thanks man!
A rep kept spamming the forum after multiple requests to dial it back

So are you satisfied with the power from the max8 and 2250Kv motor? Overheating issues? I read a long thread about esc for the kraton 6s and most recommended the max6 and 1650 motor?

That combo seems fine for me. I can't say anything related to the MAX6 with a KV1650 as I've never used that combo. As for mine, it comes with a lot of punch but yeah, what you've read is right. It can overheat very quickly. My first runs were around the end of last year. The cold weather, however, did not prevent it to overheat which can also be attributed to a ridiculously under performing fan. Since I run the rocket fan, I've had no issues.

Attached a flir pic of the motor hottest spot after speed running maybe 70% of my 8000mha packs at 13T with the rocket fan running at 8.4 V.

flir_20230225T161110.jpg

Last edited:
Hinge pins did hold up better since lowering the load on the shocks. But they still slightly bent. I think my hinge pin retainers are really bad. :-/

Last edited:
Just installed M2C diff outdrives on this bastard. They look great!

And holy sh**, those M2C hinge pins work like a charm!!!

Also M2C hinge pin retainers for the frontal upper arms a re a must.

IMG_20230618_104722.jpg

IMG_20230618_104803.jpg

Yeah, I know the bumper saw some breative nose diving :p

That combo seems fine for me. I can't say anything related to the MAX6 with a KV1650 as I've never used that combo. As for mine, it comes with a lot of punch but yeah, what you've read is right. It can overheat very quickly. My first runs were around the end of last year. The cold weather, however, did not prevent it to overheat which can also be attributed to a ridiculously under performing fan. Since I run the rocket fan, I've had no issues.

Attached a flir pic of the motor hottest spot after speed running maybe 70% of my 8000mha packs at 13T with the rocket fan running at 8.4 V.

View attachment 290895
2250kv in a heavy 1/8 basher requires smaller pinions in general to stay cool. And not the best choice IMHO. I feel a 2050kv /running 6s is the max I would go. A good motor fan solution is always a given. Using no heatsink. Better with (2) 40mm fans and a double "Fan mount". Air blowing directly at the motor. Way faster and sustained cooling.
If your ESC has a Motor Timing setting , Drop it a ALL the way down to keep the motor way cooler. Even dropping the punch level down a bit helps.
1600-1700 ish KV's is usually the sweetspot for these heavy 1/8 platform bashers. The Best torque range.

I feel a 2050kv /running 6s is the max I would go. A good motor fan solution is always a given. Using no heatsink, using (2) 40mm fans and a double "Fan mount" is best
Yep, I agree. Plus, the 2250kv wasn't that tough, even though I had the temps under control with a 40mm 19k rmp fan.

I now run a 1900kv that is constructed to withstand "heavier applications", if I believe the manufacturer. I measured 70-80 after running it through a taller gras.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back