Notorious Kraton EXB body on notorious????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masterjax

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
The kraton body is more flexible so if I need to check temps or quick disconnect batteries if something were to go wrong I can get my batteries out of the truck asap, I have to take the entire noto body off to disconnect my batteries or check temps so it is not as easy to run or as safe. What are your opinions on this?

The kraton body is more flexible so if I need to check temps or quick disconnect batteries if something were to go wrong I can get my batteries out of the truck asap, I have to take the entire noto body off to disconnect my batteries or check temps so it is not as easy to run or as safe. What are your opinions on this?
First thing I do with new body clips is stretch them open more with pliers. Makes it much easier to get the body clips off. If you stretch them to much you can always retighten a body clip. Even with the 4s the kraton body is more flexible than the outcast at least with the v1 bodies. I had the same problem checking temps.

Your logic makes no sense. Kraton body is way delicate to begin with. Much too thin. You will eat it quick. Why Even bother Taping it. It doesn't work. Been there. The Noto body is way stronger. Any body needs to be. I replaced my Kraton body with an Unbreakable Hard body. I ate like 6 K6s bodies in 2 years, Taped and all. Some got trashed within a few runs. They split at the windshield posts, 99% of the time.
We all remove the body to examine the chassis. How its done. Why be lazy about that??? Learn to remove the pins. It's an RC thing.
I had lipo fires before. It is a rare thing, Depsite seeing it on YT vids. Learn to pull the body pins quickly. The first time for me, it was quick, yanked the lipo connector fast enough.
If you are that worried, just don't use a body at all for that matter. :unsure:
You seem to be fearing the worst here. That's not RC fun.
I would learn more about Lipos, and proper wiring techniques. Preventing user issues. Which accounts for many fires also.
Having and using a temp gun is good. (y) Just remove the body to do it every so often. Once you know the temps are ok on any given day per your gearing etc, pretty much you know the setup won't overheat.
How often are you checking temps ? Every single minute???:unsure:
It's a thing to remove the body. . :cool:

Last edited:
Your logic makes no sense. Kraton body is way delicate to begin with. Much too thin. You will eat it quick. Why Even bother. The Noto boduy is way stirnger. It needs to be.
We all remove the body to examine the chassis. How its done. Why be lazy about that???
I had lipo fires before. It is rare. Learn to pull the ins quickly. The first time for me, it was quick, yanked the lipo connector fast enough.
If I'm running hard on the truck I'm probably going to use the noto body, if I'm testing or landing rubber down I'll use the kraton body, there is more air flow in the kraton body.

If your body clip teather breaks here, just put a hole in this spot and your good.
16924607479406411025420657386326.jpg
16924608190643121207881642600734.jpg

Your logic makes no sense. Kraton body is way delicate to begin with. Much too thin. You will eat it quick. Why Even bother Taping it. It doesn't work. Been there. The Noto body is way stronger. Any body needs to be. I replaced my Kraton body with an Unbreakable Hard body. I ate like 6 K6s bodies in 2 years, Taped and all. Some got trashed within a few runs. They split at the windshield posts, 99% of the time.
We all remove the body to examine the chassis. How its done. Why be lazy about that??? Learn to remove the pins. It's an RC thing.
I had lipo fires before. It is a rare thing, Depsite seeing it on YT vids. Learn to pull the body pins quickly. The first time for me, it was quick, yanked the lipo connector fast enough.
You seem to be fearing the worst here. That's not RC fun.
I would learn more about Lipos, and proper wiring techniques. Preventing user issues. Which accounts for many fires also.
If it were to happen, I'm not fearing that my lipos have gone bad or anything, it's just a bonus.

I see a zero bonus.
But what ever compels you and works is what matters.:rolleyes:
Try it using/fitting the K6s body for yourself. Will need to mod the rear of it to fit of course. It's not plug and play. K6s body is designed for a LWB chassis. The Noto/OC is a SWB chassis. You probably know this already, I hope.
The K6s body is just known to be very fragile and thin, Many rarely replace them with the same for this reason. Gets costly. But if that suits you........go for it.
Buy the Red one. From JennysRC.com Many say it goes faster than the Blue one. :LOL:

Buying the proline basher body is the way to go. It cost a little more but this one has lasted two years.

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back