Kraton Kraton finally got to spank my friend's e revo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man. Those e revo 1.0’s were kinda dogs. Very little power because if you ran it on anything other than 4s it would tear itself apart. What am I saying, even on 4s it tears itself apart!

I can hear the rear diff wearing.

Yeah man. Those e revo 1.0’s were kinda dogs. Very little power because if you ran it on anything other than 4s it would tear itself apart. What am I saying, even on 4s it tears itself apart!

I can hear the rear diff wearing.
Ha!

I've had my ERBEv1 a year now, only on 4S. I think I replaced the rear diff bearings once and a couple slider axles. Otherwise, it has held up ok. Never even tried 6S in it.

It's suspension can't take near the beating my outcast does though. I run it on 4S too.

Wow, you are very good at throttle control LoL. I’ve heard many tales of e revo stokkers stripping diffs on 4s. Now that you say that, I guess it’s probably because they let the bearings wear out too much and it developed play. I will agree on the beating statement. Even though I have the newer e revo (2.0) and even though it’s drivetrain is definitely bulletproof, my senton is a total durability killer in the crash scheme of things. I’ve crashed so many times in it and it almost never breaks... I can’t keep my e revo in one piece. Of course I run 6s only in both by the way. Actually I just now broke a bumper on my senton. And the front part of the chassis is bent up a little. Is it supposed to be like that? Or do I gotta bend it back down.

Yes. We both bought them used and are running off some questionable 3s packs. It was a rush though. Think he needs a front spoiler or an anchor up front!
He running the V2 revo or V1? The V1 is pretty light compared to the kraton. I wouldn't want to try 6S in it as it's pretty hairy with 4S at WOT on pavement. I am not your RC wheel man! That's one thing for sure!

He running the V2 revo or V1? The V1 is pretty light compared to the kraton. I wouldn't want to try 6S in it as it's pretty hairy with 4S at WOT on pavement. I am not your RC wheel man! That's one thing for sure!
V1 I believe. I'm a total noob at this.

V1 I believe. I'm a total noob at this.
Not overly easy to tell if you don't know the two vehicles. If it's close to stock, the V2 body clamps on the truck vs the V1 using normal body clips.

The V2 is build with heavier diffs, steel cvd's, larger bearings, thicker arms, heavier trans I think with a center diff and more plastic support/structural pieces to add stiffness/strength. It can actually handle 6S whereas the original was marketed as 6S, but it sorely lacked the strength to run it for any length of time, especially with inexperienced trigger fingers. Which is why mine has only ever seen 4S. ;)

I was all about getting a revo till the kraton popped up on a YouTube video and the next day I saw one on Letgo

I was all about getting a revo till the kraton popped up on a YouTube video and the next day I saw one on Letgo
Be glad. While your out bashing on 6S (after shimming of course), your friend will be replacing diffs and axles. Unless he has the trigger finger of a baby dove.

Haven't shimmed yet. Probably need to do that and put some diff fluid in, from what I gather. Ordered a TBR front bumper though.

If you have a v3 Kraton or any v3 I’m 99% sure you won’t need any shimming. My senton was tight out of the box, as was my e revo 2.0 as well. You should expect the diffs to be ready to be beat on, and I am happy mine were. It’s always good to make sure though! And I’m not gonna act like the e revo v2 is bulletproof drivetrain wise, but it’s definitely a gigantic upgrade over the v1 that couldn’t keep itself from ripping itself apart. I have blown a rear diff in my v2 (given, it was because I was at top speed and the stock motor completely seized up and locked the wheels instantly) OUCH! And I just realized yesterday that it took a chunk out of the front ring gear as well. The motor seizing was like 5 months ago so I guess the front diff is under a lot less stress, I’ll just leave it how it is. I did get the tooth out of the diff case by the way.

The V1’s esc was definitely much better though. I ended up putting mine into my new e revo when my vxl 6s decided to (nearly) grenade. I’m pretty sure only 3 of us on the Traxxas forums are running the MXL-6s in the newer e revo, but I can’t confirm. Point is, much better esc.

0105191354.jpg
0105191354.jpg
is mine a v2 or v3? Not sure...

The V1’s esc was definitely much better though.
I agree with most of your post except this statement. I got the new erevo 2.0 when it first came out and I thought the esc was anemic. I quickly swapped out the stock esc for a hobbywing max 8. After reading more about the bluetooth interface, I reinstalled the vxl 6 and bought the bluetooth module for the remote, downloaded the app and installed the updates for the receiver, esc, and remote. That has been a huge difference maker for the stock traxxas electronics. It seems traxxas pushes updates at least once a month now. If you haven't tried the updates, I would recommend it, before you totally give up on their system. As far as comparing the kraton to the erevo 2.0, its an apple to orange comparison. Erevo, regardless the version, isn't a truggy. Just because it has a truggy like body doesn't make it one, but the kraton is a large truggy with MT tires, but that's a conversation for another thread.

I had a E-R 2 but sold it a couple months ago. Right before I sold it, there was a pretty big update and I waited through it. I had the bluetooth module so pretty much forced to do the updates to be able to use the BT functions.
I was impressed with the electrics and never considered changing to a different system. I was fortunate enough to not get the smoke ?upon arrival but my friends xmaxx caught fire the first pack he ran. And he had Traxxas packs...I didn't. Either way, I have no complaints on the VXL system and even still have it in my older Slash with the Bluetooth module. I play with a few settings including the traction control (its a 2wd) but find it mostly helpful for lowering the throttle top end so younger family and newer drivers can try it out. I let the E-R 2 go for $390 in almost new working order and a few upgrades including servos because I couldn't keep it together. Fun as hell to drive but it broke constantly. The only reason I bought it in the first place is because Arrma was in the middle of the merger and I was itching for a 6s rig.
The guy I sold it to was excited to buy but I haven't heard from him in a few weeks ....so I figure he's bitter with it broken again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back